Needed/wanted PCP tools?

While looking for an answer in the search function, I noticed a comment about reverse tweezers to make it easier to take out a hard-to-get oring. A little thing but it got me thinking about all the tools I have acquired for this hobby and thought it might be useful, especially for newbies, to compile a list. Please feel free to add.

So, here goes-

Micro scale for pellet weighing in grains
Reverse tweezers
Brass picks for orings
Digital caliper
Small needle nose pliers
Chronograph
SAE and metric Allen wrenches
Phillips screw drivers
Torque wrenches
Cleaning equipment (ie for barrels)
pcp filling equipment (compressor?)
Polishing tools
Clamping scissors
Small brushes
Flashlight
Endoscope for inspection
Bubble levels
Small vise
Air blowing device
Snap ring pliers
Loupe magnifier

Please participate!

Last edited:
While looking for an answer in the search function, I noticed a comment about reverse tweezers to make it easier to take out a hard-to-get oring. A little thing but it got me thinking about all the tools I have acquired for this hobby and thought it might be useful, especially for newbies, to compile a list. Please feel free to add.

So, here goes-

Micro scale for pellet weighing in grains
Reverse tweezers
Brass picks for orings
Digital clipper
Small needle nose pliers
Chronograph
SAE and metric Allen wrenches
Phillips screw drivers
Torque wrenches
Cleaning equipment (ie for barrels)
pcp filling equipment (compressor?)
Polishing tools
Clamping scissors
Small brushes
Flashlight
Endoscope for inspection
Bubble levels
Small vise
Air blowing device

Please participate!
Can not add a thing as your suggested list is spot on. Well Done

Tee handle Allen wrenches, not those little bent L kits. Or a driver with bits.

Gun vice or similar to hold the rifle while working on it.

I have used drill presses, drill, reamers, various drill bits, open and closed end wrenches, brass hammers, screwdrivers, torque wrenches or torque driver, 10X loupe and a bunch more.

I would also suggest a precision set of Hobby Hex head drivers. The tolerances of most Allen wrench sets is not that precise and can lead to stripping some of those tiny hex head screws.
Agree. I would add that it's a good idea to have two sets, straight end and ball end. The ball end is often used as an "all-purpose" driver, but it's not as well suited to working on fasteners that need much torque applied. They are great if you have to work at an angle, but they can more easily strip or be stripped. And, since some rifles contain a frustrating combination of metric and SAE sizes, you might need more.
A final need, you might want to check your credit card limit!

Tee handle Allen wrenches, not those little bent L kits. Or a driver with bits.

Gun vice or similar to hold the rifle while working on it.

I have used drill presses, drill, reamers, various drill bits, open and closed end wrenches, brass hammers, screwdrivers, torque wrenches or torque driver, 10X loupe and a bunch more.

YES to the 10x loupe, especially for inspecting sealing surfaces or o-rings.

Also some kind of leak detector, be it soapy water, or actual leak detector.

And for many of us crude diyers, a rotary tool and all the bits that go along with it.

Also, a set of files. And other means to deburr.

-Matt

Last edited:
I would also suggest a precision set of Hobby Hex head drivers. The tolerances of most Allen wrench sets is not that precise and can lead to stripping some of those tiny hex head screws.
VERY TRUE! Get the ones made for RC cars, etc. MIP among others make high precision hex keys.