Needing some help with wildcat MK3

Ok, I have the parts coming. My only concern now is the orientation of the transfer port. I got the pin in its slot but I'm not sure if it is going to stay when I push the barrel through. I thought about trying to JB weld it in place with a toothpick or something but don't want to mess it up. If someone could take a picture of how far the transfer port sticks in the block, I think I can get it to work. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again, Bob
I though the same, if it happened to me i would get a 2mm pin or a hss drill bit and weld it back in. The outer diameter (14mm) of the transfer port sits flush with the block and only the small rings sticks out ( used by the magazine to center itself with the barrel)

It made me think, that the guide for the barrel alignment, i was not aware it was a little pin like this.
Which again make me wonder, why on the Maverick FX have used that silly little ball for the power wheel click, drill the hole a bit deeper and use the same little pin as for the barrel guide, and BOOM you have 1 less thing you need to have in inventory.

And people owning a Maverick and taking it apart, dont have to fear loosing that stupid little steel ball, as i assume a greased up 5 mm long pin sitting in a hole would be way less prone to getting lost.

And also making me think why a Dane have to give advise to Swedes, it is usually us Danes that are the thick ones in that Scandinavian relationship.
I believe the function of the ball is to ease the movement and at the same time prevent wear . Something a pin is not capable in such configuration.

I think a pin, of course rounded in the end will do just as fine.
I assume the part that set the force of the click is the spring, of course the depth of the holes also have a say in this, if they was too deep it would hamper the mechanism i think.

Now it is of course not often you would take this apart, but i have done that a few times, and also crawled around on the floor with a magnet to find the little ball in the carpet.

Ok, I have the parts coming. My only concern now is the orientation of the transfer port. I got the pin in its slot but I'm not sure if it is going to stay when I push the barrel through. I thought about trying to JB weld it in place with a toothpick or something but don't want to mess it up. If someone could take a picture of how far the transfer port sticks in the block, I think I can get it to work. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again, Bob
Hey Bob,
Well......
There shouldn't be a slot where the index pin fits!!!
The Pin used to be Loctite in a hole!!
Here is a photo of my Rear Power Block off my M3.
20221006_1022441.jpg

The receiver needs to be replaced for a proper Fix.
But you can JB Weld it in I guess, in a pinch!

Stuart

P.S. This why I was so astonished at that photo of the Pin hanging out!!... Having actually creating a channel from pin's hole to the face of the Block!!!! Stu.

Reactions: Ignoto
Hey Bob,
Well......
20221006_1022441.jpg

Stuart

P.S. This why I was so astonished at that photo of the Pin hanging out!!... Having actually creating a channel from pin's hole to the face of the Block!!!! Stu.
The only way i see it is like if the barrel was hammered.. in!

Has anybody run across this? (Probably not lol). Friend of mine jammed some pellets in the barrel of her wildcat. I'm not sure but I think that when she tried dislodging the pellets, she drove the barrel back into the breech. It looks to me, like the pin that lines up and stops the barrel was bent over. I can move the pin up and down but can't pull it out. I can also pry the brass piece forward flush with the breech but did not try to go any further. I'm sure with some creativity I can get it all the way out. I'm almost embarrassed to ask, but can anyone guide me in the right direction to fix her gun?

Thanks, Bob

View attachment 294315
how old is this person might i ask

Hey Bob,
Well......
20221006_1022441.jpg

Stuart

I’m wondering if the wildcat is different than the impact. I have a hard time believing that groove wasn’t there because the shape is so perfect. If it wasn’t, maybe everyone should use a large hammer for their precision machine work, hehehehe. I know this isn’t really funny but I have to laugh to keep my sanity. When I sold her that gun it was like brand new and to see it now, it is all I can do to keep from going over and strangling her.

Well i don't have one, but have a maverick wich is supposed to share the wildcat mk3 block and there is a pin pressed or glued in a hole with just about 1mm sidewall to the mag side so one good tap or a fall could do the trick.

View attachment 295396
Thanks for the diagram but I can’t tell much from this. I can probably tell how to set it in by placing the magazine in and getting it close. I just figured a picture would get me a good starting point

New block isn’t that much money make it right so it shoots the way it should no way to fix that jb weld would be a hack job do the right thing and whoever did that dont belong to own a gun in my book
I agree, that is how I would do it but she is trying to save some money. If I replace the block it has to be sent in. I think it has something to do with the serial numbers

Thanks for the diagram but I can’t tell much from this. I can probably tell how to set it in by placing the magazine in and getting it close. I just figured a picture would get me a good starting point
Here goes a pic from a maverick until someone with a wildcat helps out.just remember a mag needs clearance being a mobile part (in my case about 0.2mm). The way i would do it is put the barrel flush at the outer diameter 14mm lock the barrel screw and then weld the pin with some fine paper between the pin and the transfer port just to be sure the barrel won't stay in as well.

IMG_20221007_124559.jpg

I’m wondering if the wildcat is different than the impact. I have a hard time believing that groove wasn’t there because the shape is so perfect. If it wasn’t, maybe everyone should use a large hammer for their precision machine work, hehehehe. I know this isn’t really funny but I have to laugh to keep my sanity. When I sold her that gun it was like brand new and to see it now, it is all I can do to keep from going over and strangling her.
Wildcat.jpg

Here is a snapshot of the FX's pdf of the wildcat!!!
It really doesn't make sense to make slot.... unless the indexing pin is to be Welded in place.....

Stuart