Needing some help with wildcat MK3

Hi SB888,

Please give our customer service and technician department a phone call or e-mail. If you send an e-mail, send these pictures and the description. (If you call, you maybe asked to do both.)

Regards,
FX Airguns USA
Monday - Thursday 9 AM - 4 PM EST
Fridays 9 AM - 3 PM EST
Phone: +1 866 639 0772
[email protected]

It made me think, that the guide for the barrel alignment, i was not aware it was a little pin like this.
Which again make me wonder, why on the Maverick FX have used that silly little ball for the power wheel click, drill the hole a bit deeper and use the same little pin as for the barrel guide, and BOOM you have 1 less thing you need to have in inventory.

And people owning a Maverick and taking it apart, dont have to fear loosing that stupid little steel ball, as i assume a greased up 5 mm long pin sitting in a hole would be way less prone to getting lost.

And also making me think why a Dane have to give advise to Swedes, it is usually us Danes that are the thick ones in that Scandinavian relationship.

Makes me wonder if the barrel lock grub screws were even first loosened to initially remove the barrel, lol

What’s scary is this may end up on day in the classifieds!
With the damage to the receiver.. Tearing out the indexing Pin....
a single Grub-screw wouldn't stop the barrel movement with that pounding.
But maybe with a little modifications....
I went the route of Ernest Rowe... using 2 Grub-screws to secure the barrel for Tensioning....
But I also cut a groove for the grub-screw to sit in.
Also I can crank the Screws down without the fear of boogering the barrel extension up.
Threading.jpg

800mm%20barrel%20groove.jpg

But even with these mods..... I am not sure it would hold up to a 5 lb sledge hammer!!

Stuart

Hi SB888,

Please give our customer service and technician department a phone call or e-mail. If you send an e-mail, send these pictures and the description. (If you call, you maybe asked to do both.)

Regards,
FX Airguns USA
Fridays 9 AM - 3 PM EST
[email protected]

Thank you. I sent an email but I will also call

It made me think, that the guide for the barrel alignment, i was not aware it was a little pin like this.
Which again make me wonder, why on the Maverick FX have used that silly little ball for the power wheel click, drill the hole a bit deeper and use the same little pin as for the barrel guide, and BOOM you have 1 less thing you need to have in inventory.

And people owning a Maverick and taking it apart, dont have to fear loosing that stupid little steel ball, as i assume a greased up 5 mm long pin sitting in a hole would be way less prone to getting lost.

And also making me think why a Dane have to give advise to Swedes, it is usually us Danes that are the thick ones in that Scandinavian relationship.
Agreed

With the damage to the receiver.. Tearing out the indexing Pin....
a single Grub-screw wouldn't stop the barrel movement with that pounding.
But maybe with a little modifications....
I went the route of Ernest Rowe... using 2 Grub-screws to secure the barrel for Tensioning....
But I also cut a groove for the grub-screw to sit in.
Also I can crank the Screws down without the fear of boogering the barrel extension up.
Threading.jpg

800mm%20barrel%20groove.jpg

But even with these mods..... I am not sure it would hold up to a 5 lb sledge hammer!!

Stuart
Lol, when and if I ever get this thing working again, when I deliver it, I am going to collect all the hammers and ball bats I can find

• Haha
Reactions: Ca_Varminter
Hi SB888,

Regards,
FX Airguns USA
Fridays 9 AM - 3 PM EST
[email protected]

Wow, I'm impressed with FX's C.S. I had no idea they were even on here. I guess I need to buy that Wildcat MKIII compact now.

Ok, I have the parts coming. My only concern now is the orientation of the transfer port. I got the pin in its slot but I'm not sure if it is going to stay when I push the barrel through. I thought about trying to JB weld it in place with a toothpick or something but don't want to mess it up. If someone could take a picture of how far the transfer port sticks in the block, I think I can get it to work. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again, Bob

Reactions: Ignoto
FX does use high strength Loctite..Green..
It will need a little heat!
Using a glove to hold silver barrel extension, apply heat to the brass transfer port.
Once it start to smoke a little.... but it in a vice..
Use a punch in the Round transfer port and turn it off..
The brass transfer port is internally threaded FYI.....
Thank you I did get it off. I called the guys at UA and they said to just use some blue loctite and I should be fine

Reactions: Ca_Varminter
I totally had to destroy the transfer hole part, when i wanted to put the dual hole transfer port on my Maverick.
From the RC world i am used to heating to get stuff apart, but what ever FX had done / used, well not something i have seen before, so the brass ended up totally mutilated.
I was heating way past my comfort zone using a propane weed burner, and still i had to crank down on the " poo " like a SOB,,, that was pretty much a let down, me not being able to use the original part again.
FX should only use the weakest Locktite i think, that work fine for all the RC stuff i have messed with

BTW i have not used locktite on anything, and the now 700 mm Maverick shoot just fine, or at least A LOT better then it did on its original 600 mm flavor.