• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Neighbor's Cat is pooping in our vegetable garden...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Live trap with cat food in back. Trip to the "Humane" shelter. I highly recommend you take no lethal action. I'm a retired wildlife biologist so I dedicated my professional life to the conservation of wildlife. I'm not a fan of cats but, some folks think more of cats (and dogs) than they do of human children. You don't want the media to have their fun with you if an interaction with a cat turns out poorly for the cat. 

Reactions: plinker
Danger Will Robinson! Do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars. Accept it and move on. If they know you have or have ever owned a perpetual device that emits substances banned from paint, you will always be suspect, even if a small portion of a re-entering satellite were to cause the felines untimely demise. If you ever think you might be tempted, ask that this entire post be deleted. Otherwise, you might find yourself up a proverbial waterway without a perpetual device( i.e. Up sh** creek without a paddle) 😆 Hahaha! We know you're just venting and are really good at heart😬

I would talk to the neighbor and point out the hazards that could interact with their beloved family pet! Gardens tend to attract rabbits, mice, and squirrels, that tend to attract predators like foxes, coyotes and hawks/owls, all of which might see Fluffy as a midnight snack! It is a shame people don't take more responsibility for their pets and the destruction they can cause. Good luck fixing your problem!

imagejpeg
imagejpeg

Or you could get you one of these new Licki brushes and "lick" the cat, you know so you can be closer to it & form a more meaningful bond. 

Make a call to animal control, as a property owner YOU have rights. In the state of Maryland when some ones pet comes on to your property it becomes yours and you may do as you see fit. Animal control will also loan a trap to catch the offender and give the owner three days to claim it, then the pet is put down. Don't get me wrong I like animals and if the pet owners love their pets they wouldn't let them roam the neighborhood.

If you live in a state that allows the sale and purchase or Ferrets go into a facility that sells them and ask for a bag of their poop. Yes you will feel stupid doing this. Yes they might look at you funny for wanting to take poop with you but not an animal. Spread liberated Ferret poop throughout your garden being targeted by cats and other wildlife. The poop itself is good for all gardens. The smell of Ferret poop keeps most invasive wild animals and both domesticated house cats and ferrel cats away from your garden as they think it belongs to a predator that they do not want to deal with. It does. Even in states that have stupid laws that make it illegal to sell or own a Ferret many people still have them and take them to cool vets who look the other way to the law and treat them because they amazingly cool, friendly and even funny little creatures. You can sometimes liberate Ferret poop from one of these cool vets if you ask nicely or ask to talk to the Ferret's owner. Most Ferret owners are only too happy to give away some of their poop supply. This stuff works wonders. Good luck.

Is this the same neighbor that you had to retrieve the dead squirrel from?

I would highly recommend a live trap and a trip to the pound after it is caught. I hate that everyone that has a cat thinks it is fine for their cat to s*#$ in my yard/flower beds and get paw prints on my vehicles but if my dog escapes to their yard for two seconds they throw a fit. It is you property and you do have rights. Just don't shoot it....you would go to jail in my state. An individual in a nearby city to me crossbowed the neighbor's cat. Straight to jail.....not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.