Crosman New 1701p first PCP

I am going to open the adjustment can of worms after I get used to things and get a thousand rounds through the barrel.
But what fun. Coming from a springer even one as fantastic as the Tx200. And of corse I am only shooting thirteen yards from a bench rest. But, Hitting the bullseye never gets old does it?

Today was a bit of a surprise. I have been shooting all my sub 8 gr pellets. I moved the aim point right one mill dot so I had a steady aim point. I don’t think that actually mattered that much Then I decided to try a back to back 7.3 vs 8.4 JSB match pellets. and am shocked at the results.
The 8.4 pellets group was half the size of the 7.3!

So I am now going to shoot a bunch of everything I have a try to use up all my old tins and see what happens. I might even be able to arrange things to get 17 meters of distance this winter.

I want to go field target shooting so bad. Given the slightest provocative and I will buy an HFT 500 before you can say out for deliver. I like the PCP system.

IMG_6192.jpeg

IMG_6193.jpeg

As I was looking for more pellets I found a silencer made from an electrical box and some duct seal clay for my pellet trap. And decided to throw some old dusty Crosman Premier pellets at it to see if it made the target quieter . And it does. And the Preiemers held a very nice group. This thing seems to like heavier pellets. Should I turn it down for the lighter pellets of stick with the 8.4gr?

IMG_6195.jpeg

IMG_6194.jpeg

I was shooting today and testing some Air Arms Diablo Express 7.87 gr pellets.
And comparing them to the 8.44 JSB Diablo Match.
Last week the 8.44 had much better groups compared to the 7.3gr pellets. But the 7.87 gr Diablo Express would put pellet on top of pellet for three or four of the five shot groups. Then throw one really off high left. It was not consistent but I am sure it was not me.

So next week it is back on the chronograph. I am going to set the power to shoot 7.87 Diablo Express at a high of 400-425 fps. And see if it calms down the flyer. Since I only shoot at the same yardage it should be better.