New 1701P. Getting air in my face upon firing.

This can be the from the seal inside the TP receiver block. NOT THE BREECH BOLT….
Sometimes the little seal gets squashed out of seating during assembly of the Receiver housing.
Air then leaks up along the back of the bolt shaft housing and vents out the back of the gun into your face..
Easy enough to strip down and reseat….Hope this helps you.

Thanks to all! I’m so glad I found this forum. There is so much accumulated knowledge and everyone is willing to share with us less knowledgeable types.
I shot a couple 12 shot strings over the chronograph this morning, one after filling to 3000 psi and one from about 2300psi , results were:

3000. 2300

AVG. 426. 457
ES. 38. 17
SD. 12. 5

The spread seems a bit high to me but I’m used to numbers from rifles and most of them regulated. Have any of you chronographed your 1701s? If no one sees anything alarming I think I’ll keep the gun for awhile,mount the rear sight and see what kind of accuracy I get. I have to say this trigger is amazing right out of the box.

• Love
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Update. Utah Airguns exchanged my 1701P for me. The new gun has minimal air blowing from the same location, much improved from the original. I would never have noticed it had I not been looking for it on this gun. Thanks again for all your help!
I've not done business with Utah Airguns but I've heard good customer service stories and yours just added a notch on the scale for them. Thanks for sharing your experience (y) .

Reactions: Westypete
Thanks to all! I’m so glad I found this forum. There is so much accumulated knowledge and everyone is willing to share with us less knowledgeable types.
I shot a couple 12 shot strings over the chronograph this morning, one after filling to 3000 psi and one from about 2300psi , results were:

3000. 2300

AVG. 426. 457
ES. 38. 17
SD. 12. 5

The spread seems a bit high to me but I’m used to numbers from rifles and most of them regulated. Have any of you chronographed your 1701s? If no one sees anything alarming I think I’ll keep the gun for awhile,mount the rear sight and see what kind of accuracy I get. I have to say this trigger is amazing right out of the box.
That's why I joined up! Haha I've learned so much here and hopefully have spread a bit of knowledge as well🤙🎩

They are excellent pistols aren’t they?!
Totally scope worthy as well as off hand.
Here’s mine, just picked it up from the classifieds here and absolutely love it.
Shoots the 7 grain RWS wad cutters very nicely. I also really like the red dot on it too. These flys were shot at 7 yards from the recliner lol!
71C34151-705C-4764-9599-1043C46071F2.jpeg

Reactions: bf1956
They are excellent pistols aren’t they?!
Totally scope worthy as well as off hand.
Here’s mine, just picked it up from the classifieds here and absolutely love it.
Shoots the 7 grain RWS wad cutters very nicely. I also really like the red dot on it too. These flys were shot at 7 yards from the recliner lol! I View attachment 308673
Nice shooting.Love mine but can’t shoot like that. Thanks for RWS recommendation.

Westypete, All shots at the flys were taken sitting in the recliner with feet up and shooting sticks across the knees and leaning back lol!
Really solid shooting platform, I bet you would do very well at my indoor range 😂.
Plus I shoot way more than I probably should, it’s my favorite pastime so I’m really used to the indoor range lol!
If’n I was still married I’m sure it wouldn’t go over well.