Beeman New 2027 pistol!

I have a hard time trying to figure out how a $170 pistol can be more fun than a $800 gun , however I’m loving this low cost pistol! I have a number of pistols scopes , both on and air and on on pb and have never been too happy with them. And fiber optic sights on a pistol just doesn’t work for me. So I mounted a BSA compact rifle scope on it and a target never stands a chance! Ha.

9736E9B8-BBC9-46E1-AAFC-44A52045F36C.jpeg

I have a hard time trying to figure out how a $170 pistol can be more fun than a $800 gun , however I’m loving this low cost pistol! I have a number of pistols scopes , both on and air and on on pb and have never been too happy with them. And fiber optic sights on a pistol just doesn’t work for me. So I mounted a BSA compact rifle scope on it and a target never stands a chance! Ha.

View attachment 491403
Fun!

Reactions: Bandito
I saw this thread the other day and ordered up a 2028. I'm going .22 initially. WIsh me luck, did pneumatics engineering in a previous life, I have always been intrigued by PCP guns. I have plenty of powder burners, and handload too. 40 buck a Lb. powder and dime a primer are hard on us fixed income folks. When I learned that cheap compressors have become...ok?? At any rate I am sure I can fix it if it is disappointing, the 2028 will be my first PCP, a Hatsan Blitz in .22 is on my short (for now) shopping list. So far I have read a bunch of threads here, and spent way too much time on the ol PC lately. The brown truck O happiness arrives today with the compressor pump. The Blitz scratches a very old itch, powder burning full auto is out of reach for me, and binary triggers are off the menu in my state now. Well maybe I could swing a full auto powder burner, I'd need a sign, Will work for ammunition.

Reactions: sekiar

View attachment 491403
Fun is fun 1$ or 1000$

Problem here is you don't have any one upsmanship like you would with a 2500$ gun and can't even keep up with the pcp Joneses.. out spending and out doind on stuff is the pcp way ..lol

I am really digging that the "fuel" is free. Well not really, we amortize our costs for the pumps and parts, plus the few pennies worth of electricity. Compared to the powder burning guns, the per shot cost is pennies. I like to shoot warm and cozy in the winter, adding a little more air to my basement is not near the issue vs. powder gases and primer lead. Patiently waiting for my compressor pump, I need to focus on it the next few days and run it a lot as the return window is pretty short. Hope I get lucky, pretty sure I have a Yong Heng knock off coming based on what I have learned here. It is nice to be a retired guy, best job I have had. I care for my disabled wife, the best boss I ever had! By golly I bet I can get her in to shooting benchrest in the backyard and or basement, both are accessible to her power chair. She is quite good with a gun, but my shooting range is not doable at all for her.

I saw this thread the other day and ordered up a 2028. I'm going .22 initially. WIsh me luck, did pneumatics engineering in a previous life, I have always been intrigued by PCP guns. I have plenty of powder burners, and handload too. 40 buck a Lb. powder and dime a primer are hard on us fixed income folks. When I learned that cheap compressors have become...ok?? At any rate I am sure I can fix it if it is disappointing, the 2028 will be my first PCP, a Hatsan Blitz in .22 is on my short (for now) shopping list. So far I have read a bunch of threads here, and spent way too much time on the ol PC lately. The brown truck O happiness arrives today with the compressor pump. The Blitz scratches a very old itch, powder burning full auto is out of reach for me, and binary triggers are off the menu in my state now. Well maybe I could swing a full auto powder burner, I'd need a sign, Will work for ammunition.
In not far behind you. I'm going to get the .22 as well. I wonder what pellets it likes???

Better Grab one while you can before Daisy (AKA Gammo) discontinues all Crosman products that might compete with Gammo (God Help Us). I am sure that they are going to pay to relocate all the Crosman staff that designed, built, serviced and provided repair parts to Arkansas from New York. I am sure they are loading up all the Crosman manufacturing equipment right now, NOT.

Well that is all part of the fun. I think my 2028 arrives today. Gotta run to Harbor Freight and get button batteries, the temp sensor on my Yong Heng knockoff is dead. I hope to fill the 2028 when it arrives. I want to run the compressor a lot today to start breaking it in, it is pretty tight. Keeping an eye out for an air bottle.
Loving my Yong Heng. I use it to fill one of those eBay ,42 ci, $29 HK Army bottles. Fill the gun and rake the full bottle to the porch for a top off. Saw some Scott SCBA tanks that look decent...expired of course.

You sir, are officially screwed, you are jumping into the Rabbit Hole®, From here on you'll be making a choice of guns/pellets/air/optics or food, generally food gets left out, you always wanted to lose weight didn't you? Welcome and good luck.

Which insane state are you a resident of?

*** POLITICAL CONTENT REMOVED***. I did get the 2028 filled last night, I am impressed, heck of a gun for a buck and a half. My Yong heng clone filled it up very quick prolly less that a minute from zero. So far, so good. My toy fund has been rather fat lately, i'd best get a Blitz while I can.

Last edited by a moderator:
***POLITICAL CONTENT REMOVED****
You guys are sure right about that rabbit hole....I will be spending money on things that I can buy and shooting a lot more. The 2028 is LOUD, I am going to need to fix that, any suggestions? I have not disassembled it yet to check out the muzzle.
Edit: Google is your friend, about 41 bucks to quiet down the 2028, and the solution retains the excellent iron sights it comes with. I will report the result when the brown truck 'O' happiness darkens my driveway again. So far I like the 2028 a lot. Takes some snort to retract the bolt, feels like the parts could use some judicious polishing and lubrication, a touch of CLP really helped. No leaks and it punches through 1/2" plywood easily with cheapo Crosman hollowpoints. Only popped off a couple rounds yesterday, this one will need to go to the big boys range until that truck shows up. I am having fun now, 41 bucks to suppress a pistol....sign me up! :)

You guys are sure right about that rabbit hole....I will be spending money on things that I can buy and shooting a lot more. The 2028 is LOUD, I am going to need to fix that, any suggestions? I have not disassembled it yet to check out the muzzle.
Edit: Google is your friend, about 41 bucks to quiet down the 2028, and the solution retains the excellent iron sights it comes with. I will report the result when the brown truck 'O' happiness darkens my driveway again. So far I like the 2028 a lot. Takes some snort to retract the bolt, feels like the parts could use some judicious polishing and lubrication, a touch of CLP really helped. No leaks and it punches through 1/2" plywood easily with cheapo Crosman hollowpoints. Only popped off a couple rounds yesterday, this one will need to go to the big boys range until that truck shows up. I am having fun now, 41 bucks to suppress a pistol....sign me up! :)

My bride of 50 years and I never argue about money since the toy fund. We both have a toy fund, typically a few hundred bucks. If "extra" money shows up it goes to the toy fund. Since I am retired, I no longer save for retirement.
The idea about the toy fund when it was formed many years ago? No questions asked. I can't complain, that system works. Typically we always chat about large purchases.