New .22 Weihrauch HW77 showing promise

Several of you followed the journey of my new HW77 (long) in .22 as it traversed back and forth across the states and through customs, finally arriving earlier today.

Late this afternoon I had some time become available, and without having fired it at all, I tore it completely down. From my experience, I knew I would not be content with it as original.

Prior to its arrival, I had ordered from Vortek a PG4 steel HO spring kit and Vortek piston vacuum seal.

I cleaned the barrel (lots of heavy grease within). Next I hand polished all of the internals. I then cut 1 full coil off of the new spring kit. The replacement of the original seal with the vacuum seal came next. I use Air Venturi’s Tune in A tube lubricant finding that it works very well.

My goal is always +/- 15 fpe. As you can see below, I got lucky and hit it right on the mark.

After reassembly of the power plant, I lubricated and adjusted the trigger for the perfect break.

Next, I fully reassembled, applying blue loctite to the stock screws. After getting the stock in place I loaded and fired one pellet down range to ascertain that the cocking stroke and shot cycle seemed to be perfect.

Next, I mounted a Vortex Diamondback 6x24-56 FFP scope on top of Sports Optics vertically adjustable mounts, setting the rear mount high to allow plenty of vertical click movement up down range to compensate for drop.

After I had the scope fully dialed in, I shot two 10 shot groups using the H&N FTT 14.66 Gr, 5.53 pellets, with the intent of testing six others over the coming weekend.

This rifle is shooting incredibly well with only one pellet tested and less than 50 shots through it. Except for the one flyer experienced, the groups were really tight. I also attempted the five 10mm RX targets and took them down in only six shots.

After I complete the testing with all of the different pellets, I will post the final results.

A5EEC8EA-1B2F-42C9-8673-F49A82085503.jpeg

Last edited: