New Addition to the PewPew Family

Recent arrival from AoA.
IMG_0057.JPG

It's the little guy in the middle HW30. Small in comparison with my R9 and Benji Trail NP2 yet same pull length as the R9 so "feels" full size, kind of like a Ruger 1022. Can actually cock the thing with ONE finger, crazy low cocking force. Only a few dozen pellets through it so far. Getting 720 fps with Crosman Domed 7.0gr (8.0fpe). For giggles tried a couple of 16.2gr JSB Beasts and got 440 fps/6.9 fpe. 820 fps/8.5 fpe with the 5.71gr alloy H&N FTT. Great trigger as is normal with all Weihrauchs. So far getting right around 1/2" with open sights at 10m. Much breakin needed but right out of the box a mild 'lil pussycat. Doubt I'll scope it but may put a red dot on.

Strong consideration for that. I think some one in an earlier thread gave me the model I needed to order from Techsites that was compatible with HW30/50/95's and R7/R9's.
Congratulations on the new addition. I can’t hardly put mine down lol. It a .22 tuned by John in Pa. I’ve had a scope on it and it was awesome.
But a small red dot is my favorite sight, quick to get on target and the little rifle stays slim and light.

41B40082-55B6-4D25-9740-0ACACC6D4A4D.jpeg

Congratulations on the new addition. I can’t hardly put mine down lol. It a .22 tuned by John in Pa. I’ve had a scope on it and it was awesome.
But a small red dot is my favorite sight, quick to get on target and the little rifle stays slim and light.

View attachment 311869
Fair enuf, What is it tuned to? With well under 12 fpe stock configuration I went 0.177 for every bit of MV I can get. An HW30 in 0.22 must be a rainbow trajectory past 25 yards.

View attachment 311869
Dave, I have a 22 cal HW30S and I LOVE it! I have the 177 also but my "low and slow" 22 cal with iron sights is the most fun. I love the simplicity of lobbing the 14.6 grain FTTS at empty cans and that satisfying KICK they give it. So much reaction especially if I hit the edge of the can where there is more material and it gives it a real good spin.

Reactions: davelarson
Fair enuf, What is it tuned to? With well under 12 fpe stock configuration I went 0.177 for every bit of MV I can get. An HW30 in 0.22 must be a rainbow trajectory past 25 yards.
I picked .22 because the pellets are easier to handle and load than the .177 for my old hands.
And John installed a Airgun Headquarters indoor shooting kit, which is extremely easy to cock. It’s shooting slower than the stock rifle, but it’s just so smooth and also very accurate at 15 yards.
It’s my favorite off hand rifle.

I picked .22 because the pellets are easier to handle and load than the .177 for my old hands.
And John installed a Airgun Headquarters indoor shooting kit, which is extremely easy to cock. It’s shooting slower than the stock rifle, but it’s just so smooth and also very accurate at 15 yards.
It’s my favorite off hand rifle.
OK, that's understandable regarding the caliber. 15 yards offhand is plenty distance for an airgun.

Reactions: davelarson
Dave, I have a 22 cal HW30S and I LOVE it! I have the 177 also but my "low and slow" 22 cal with iron sights is the most fun. I love the simplicity of lobbing the 14.6 grain FTTS at empty cans and that satisfying KICK they give it. So much reaction especially if I hit the edge of the can where there is more material and it gives it a real good spin.
I know just what you mean about can dancing lol, and the .22 makes holes that are easier to see from a distance too.
In two shots you can send a empty pellet tin across the yard lol.

My only complaint on the HW30 is it is an expensive air rifle to shoot.

It will just keep emptying pellet container after container and make you order more and more. Definitely keeps a smile on your face.
Yes, wonder how long before my backyard is declared a toxic waste site with all the pellets in the ground.