New - Air Venturi Avenge-X

Got an email from Pyramyd today. New offering, apparently. But the concept just looks so darn familiar.... 🤨

https://www.pyramydair.com/avenge-x
I am not ever one to care about how ugly a gun is but the bottle version is entirely unappealing to me. Same goes for the wooden bullpup, it looks so unnecessarily tall, and uncomfortable.

Reactions: qball
I am not ever one to care about how ugly a gun is but the bottle version is entirely unappealing to me. Same goes for the wooden bullpup, it looks so unnecessarily tall, and uncomfortable.
One of them reminds me of a big fish getting ready to swallow a squid.:LOL:

Screenshot_20230606_220033_Chrome.jpg

My question is why does the grip go so far down and cheek rest pretty low. Doesn't seem like it's very practical

I'd love to compare a new .25cal with my "old" one just to see if the improvements are worth the extra cash!
Then I might want a .177 or a .22 bottled version...even though the bottle is fugly.
Just wait. Steve at AEAC will be putting out a video review in the near future. At least that was what I gather from other videos he's put out since the Shot Show; he's said Air Venturi wanted him to review the series.

Just wait. Steve at AEAC will be putting out a video review in the near future. At least that was what I gather from other videos he's put out since the Shot Show; he's said Air Venturi wanted him to review the series.
I wouldn't own an Avenger if it weren't for Steve's review and tuning guide. I look forward to his impressions and I hope he does some sort of comparison old and new.

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog
I wouldn't own an Avenger if it weren't for Steve's review and tuning guide. I look forward to his impressions and I hope he does some sort of comparison old and new.
If it weren't for being impatient, I would be ordering an Avenge-X, or would have yesterday. My lady must be way more impatient because our plan to buy 2 ended up with her buying a Wildcat MK3 BT and me having a gun modified. Still, @Tpatner412 shouldn't count me out. I can see Steve's review coercing me into buying a second gun within 6 months. 🤣

Yes, that's part of the plan for the future. Different barrel lengths (shorter ones will come first), and accompanying air sources sized appropriately where needed.
Tyler,

I'd love to see a bullpup bottle version with a synthetic stock. My lady bought a Wildcat MKIII BT with a 600mm barrel and a 580cc bottle. I find the gun to be about perfect for us, because we're both smaller than average. Sadly, I shoot left handed so the gun only works for me if I single load. Your Avenge-X series being completely ambidextrous means a lot to me, but I've never been fond of wood stocks because I tend to beat them up. Weight too matters. The RWS 48 I purchased in the early 90s has lived in the closet most of its life due to weight and length. Bring on the synthetic bullpup Avenge-X and see how fast I beg you guys to take my money. 🤣

Tyler,

I'd love to see a bullpup bottle version with a synthetic stock. My lady bought a Wildcat MKIII BT with a 600mm barrel and a 580cc bottle. I find the gun to be about perfect for us, because we're both smaller than average. Sadly, I shoot left handed so the gun only works for me if I single load. Your Avenge-X series being completely ambidextrous means a lot to me, but I've never been fond of wood stocks because I tend to beat them up. Weight too matters. The RWS 48 I purchased in the early 90s has lived in the closet most of its life due to weight and length. Bring on the synthetic bullpup Avenge-X and see how fast I beg you guys to take my money. 🤣
Noted. If there's enough demand for it, it will happen. What I will say, is that if you buy one now, any new stock styles/variants would almost certainly be backwards compatible....meaning you could just buy the parts kit and swap it over. Kind of the beauty of the platform.

Noted. If there's enough demand for it, it will happen. What I will say, is that if you buy one now, any new stock styles/variants would almost certainly be backwards compatible....meaning you could just buy the parts kit and swap it over. Kind of the beauty of the platform.
Indeed, the modularity of the series does have its benefits. I hope the action, power and accuracy of the Avenge-X makes the Avenger look like kid's play.

Will there eventually be different barrel length options? I’d like to make a carbine out of one in the future.
Tpatner42
Cheek piece on the synthetic is adjustable. Plenty of adjustment for even high mounted scopes
will it be offered in a 30 caliber?? please??
Mark

Not on this breech block. Possible that a larger caliber version may be pursued in the future, but nothing firm at this time.
.30 cal is legal where I live for larger game. It might be cool to have bragging rights, killing a deer with an air rifle. My guess, even if you guys don't offering anything larger than .25 cal, somebody will surely toss a barrel and a few mods in and make others wish everyone could buy that bigger bore direct.