New Altaros Slugs ATP King cal .257 84gr

We added a long -awaited .257 caliber slugs. It is the first type of ATP slug in .257 caliber and later maybe there will be an even heavier variant.
Tested in barrel .257 TJ 1:14 Twist and in barrel by Lothar Walther Cal. 25 1:10 Twist (blank barrel for firearms) .

Here an unusual form of presentation from airgun slug- slug tracking all over the flight from 0 to 200m distance.

https://www.militaryairgun.com/domu/263-atp-king-257.html

I just ordered a few packs. I'll give then a try in my 257 texan and report back.Nealg
Nealgl1985, I would be very interested in how the new .257 slugs work out with your 257 Texan. I normally shoot the AVS 85 grain slugs in my .257 LSS and can split playing cards at 200 yards.

Anyone have an idea whether or not we can squeeze these into the following?

Huben K1/GK1 .25?
Edgun Lelya2/Matador .25?

Thanks,
Mark
.257 does not fit in .25
If I'm not mistaken .257 is 6.5mm (same as 6.5 Creedmore?) whist .25 is 6.35mm.
If you managed to force a .257 into a .25 barrel you'd probably have to drill it out.

Reactions: rootdude
@rodjava I will be doing a side by side comparison. Let the best slug win. The AVS shoots very well so we will see what happens.
20240703_225929.jpg

Reactions: RM.510bigbore

Huben K1/GK1 .25?

Thanks,
Mark
No. Too long, too big, too heavy. Altaros also makes .25 caliber slugs. Best bet for lower powered airguns would be their lightest .25 caliber 49.5gr slugs. They perform very well in some airguns.

Huben K1/GK1 .25?

Thanks,
Mark
As mentioned by another. You don’t want this slug for your K1. For your K1 I would try the ATO Smooth 6.46mm 51gr. I’m shooting those in my K1 at 895 fps and they are near MOA at 100 yards.

To the question of which gun is shooting these with a TJ barrel I am really wondering if they are testing the upcoming AAA .257 HPS.

Huben K1/GK1 .25?

Thanks,
Mark
.257 does not fit in .25
If I'm not mistaken .257 is 6.5mm (same as 6.5 Creedmore?) whist .25 is 6.35mm.
If you managed to force a .257 into a .25 barrel you'd probably have to drill it out.
No. Too long, too big, too heavy. Altaros also makes .25 caliber slugs. Best bet for lower powered airguns would be their lightest .25 caliber 49.5gr slugs. They perform very well in some airguns.

it's a little complicated with airgun dimensions for convex calibers. We make the slug dimensions (outer diameter) to be as accurate as possible, which means that such a dimension is completely different than what CIP specifies for firearms, or its US equivalent.
Here, the outside diameter is 6.41 and is intended for a BORE diameter barrel of 6.35-6.37mm.
So the important thing is to make it work, so that the barrel used has a BORE diameter close to what is standard for this caliber, and thus 6.35mm - .25 (not to be confused with the caliber designation ! ).
For simplicity, the BORE diameter is the dimension where if you take a 0.01mm smaller diameter bullet or cylinder, it should fall freely.

With Huben Leshi the matter is even more complicated, because the accuracy is primarily that the slug in the magazine is tight, this is the most important, so it is not the size of the slug by the barrel but by the magazine.

I've written this many times: revolver shooting is not something that is designed primarily for precision shooting, although it does work realistically well at times, but it still has a huge number of limitations.

These .257 slugs certainly cannot be used for a semi-auto such as the Huben, as they do not fit lengthwise into the magazine and, moreover, they have a smaller diameter than the slugs intended for them, i.e.

That's cool Andrej!

What velocity were these new slugs going and which rifle did you use?
I use a universal modified M24 with a quick barrel change, where calibers from .22 to 6mm to .257 can be quickly tested.

The test from the video was at a speed of around 870fps (265 m/s ) but I also did other successful tests at MV 287 m/s -950fps, primarily on the LW barrel, where the twist was 1:10, i.e. faster, which is more suitable for stabilizing the ATP slug at higher speeds in the transonic region.

Reactions: steve123
it's a little complicated with airgun dimensions for convex calibers. We make the slug dimensions (outer diameter) to be as accurate as possible, which means that such a dimension is completely different than what CIP specifies for firearms, or its US equivalent.
Here, the outside diameter is 6.41 and is intended for a BORE diameter barrel of 6.35-6.37mm.
So the important thing is to make it work, so that the barrel used has a BORE diameter close to what is standard for this caliber, and thus 6.35mm - .25 (not to be confused with the caliber designation ! ).
For simplicity, the BORE diameter is the dimension where if you take a 0.01mm smaller diameter bullet or cylinder, it should fall freely.

With Huben Leshi the matter is even more complicated, because the accuracy is primarily that the slug in the magazine is tight, this is the most important, so it is not the size of the slug by the barrel but by the magazine.

I've written this many times: revolver shooting is not something that is designed primarily for precision shooting, although it does work realistically well at times, but it still has a huge number of limitations.

These .257 slugs certainly cannot be used for a semi-auto such as the Huben, as they do not fit lengthwise into the magazine and, moreover, they have a smaller diameter than the slugs intended for them, i.e.
Sorry for being dumb but do you mean these .257 rounds will fit in a non-semi auto .25 caliber airgun? So if I bought the M24 in .25 I can use these slugs in it?
Also what is the progress on the aluminum stock for the M24? Has it been 2 years now since it was announced?
Last time I emailed Altaros in October 2023 Ondrej recommended me to wait for the presentation when the aluminum stock is availabe.
I have not seen any info but this site is pretty much the only one I go to for news so might have missed it?
Sorry for off topic but I'm sure many people are interested in the answer as well.

the problem is with the marking of the caliber in general.
example:
we have firearms caliber .223 (.224) which is generally the designation of the outer diameter of the bullet. But then the caliber 5.56 NATO is also mentioned, which corresponds to the Bore diameter, while the bullets for both calibers generally have the same outer diameter, so it can practically be said that they are the same caliber.
.22LR bullets have the outer diameter of the bullet practically identical to the aforementioned calibers.

but all three are referred to as different calibers because they are a little different and mainly it was necessary to distinguish the cartridge case for firearms. This explanation is not completely accurate, but it shows well what confusion there is when firearms barrel do airguns start to be used.

For our slugs, it is always and only necessary to know what the barrel Bore diameter is, that is essential, what the Groove diameter is, in general, it doesn't matter.
here is an example of a LW barrel marked .25 caliber:
LW barrel.png

here is an example of a TJ barrel:
TJ barrel.png

LW barrel.png

therefore, if you do not know whether slugs are suitable, write to the airgun manufacturer to give you information about the barrel Bore diameter, because the marking of the caliber is not uniform.

Our PCP Altaros M24, is in airgun caliber .25 (LW airgun barrel) and twist only 17.7 and is suitable for ATP King .25, ATP Queen .25 and ATP Smooth .25, or classic pellets.

For aluminum stocks for M24, we are currently dealing with surface treatment. Unfortunately, even such a seemingly simple thing is not easy, because there was no problem with the sample and now it is with the series. In addition, we put most of the company's capacities into increasing the production of our slugs.

Dreams do come true! I have a .25 on the way to me for a video. Hooray! Get ready for some 400 yard shots! The M24 is an air rifle that is typically shot at 400-600 yards , according to the manufacturer. I had no idea they are sold in the USA! Just order directly from Altaros and they will send it to you anywhere in the USA! I'm looking forward to this one!

Reactions: tibor
surface treatment
Hehe some think, "O thats simple"

Me having worked with most and educated in quite a bit of the field, know it is not quite as simple as it some times look.

Mind you Elox of ALU i have not done but zinc plating and chrome plating i have done for a few years.
Aside for all the industrial surface treatment and powder coating / wet paint

Danish TV / audio brand B&O do their own surface treatment, some of it to such high standard that if a human touched say the part for a remote, it will be scrapped.
The M24 is an air rifle that is typically shot at 400-600 yards
Well if i could get one that would just shoot 200 yards,,,, in .177 i would be happy, but no one care for the baby caliber.
I am not buying a air rifle again before i know for damn sure it can shoot the heaviest .177 slugs perfect.