New Altaros Slugs ATP King cal .257 84gr

Got back out for the 100 yard testing. I sighted in for 100 yards and shot 2 groups. 1 group I pulled the 3rd shot so I took an extra and didn't count it. The group with some holes lower on the target was me dialing in for 100.

I could barely see the target even with nice glass. I was shooting into the dark woods. I did my best.

This is just to show others what these will do even at high speeds. These were accurate at 870 fps as well.

When the mosquitoe population dies down some from all this rain I'll shoot some 150 and 200 yard groups, but i have to go into the woods for that.
Screenshot_20240720_214051_FX Radar.jpg

image_cropper_1721525415177.png
image_cropper_1721525232474.png

@CanMike I did not. My compressor went out and I haven't had any big bore out shooting again. Only the gk1 with the little air I have left in my tank 😆. I want to see what the slugs can go at longer ranges though so that will be happening in the next month or 2 hopefully.
@CanMike I did not. My compressor went out and I haven't had any big bore out shooting again. Only the gk1 with the little air I have left in my tank 😆. I want to see what the slugs can go at longer ranges though so that will be happening in the next month or 2

What pressure are your shooting? 3000PSI?

Yes, a maxed out stock 257 texan should be able to send these over 1000 fps. They held up at 990 well so I'm assuming 1000+ should work.

I'm not a slug expert, but I thought I read you want to stay under 1050fps. I also read that the faster the slug is moving the less wind resistance it has to a point. Maybe that's just pellets. Someone smarter than me can chime in and correct me if needed. I'm still learning so give me a break 😆.

I'm sending my 257 off to Doug at maddog stocks and he's going to go through it and take it the next level. When I get it back I will shoot those slugs out to 200+ yards as long as the accuracy holds up.

I also purchased a fx ballistics chronograph so I will post bc numbers as well.