• *The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

New barrel manufacturing

Looks like we might have a new barrel manufacturer in AAA!

At $450 for a blank, I would think the web page would have a little more description of the bore/groove dimensions. Maybe a picture of the bore profile.

Dave

At $450 for a blank, I would think the web page would have a little more description of the bore/groove dimensions. Maybe a picture of the bore profile.

Dave
Well their just getting the website going give them a chance this is breaking news!
Aoa said they might and I said might have a slug barrel in 25 in sept. And that’s a big might!

Reactions: Ta-Ta Toothie
"Tom Costan explained to me that this produces long-range accuracy that is demonstrably superior to the alternative of using “very thin” rifled liners that are inserted into an external tube.

Such multi-part “liner barrels” will always be less thermally, statically and dynamically stable, Tom explained, and often require tensioners and other additional bolt-ons to wring-out improved accuracy. Even then, they are unlikely to be as accurate as a one-piece barrel."

Mr. Costan, the FX Impact M3 aftermarket has been waiting for someone to produce a replacement one-piece barrel! Any chance this will be your company SUB-MOA?

Very true but besides you is there anyone helping people with custom barrels? And you only make for your guns not that that is a bad thing.
I don't know about that. Great shooting barrels are the product of great barrel makers and great finish gunsmiths...in my opinion. Lothar Walther makes great barrels. If someone believes they can have one without the other, I believe they are mistaken.

I don't know about that. Great shooting barrels are the product of great barrel makers and great finish gunsmiths...in my opinion. Lothar Walther makes great barrels. If someone believes they can have one without the other, I believe they are mistaken.
This is what scares me about buying a blank barrel, i may have an excellent barrel, but i am nowhere skilled enough to install one.
Like you said, you need both
Like having a fancy steel for a knife, but you don't know how to heat treat it

My question is are they lapped? Lapped after reaming? Lapped after rifeling? Snake oil for me a special airgun barrel...A barrel can be softer steel with less pressure... But there are dozens on excellent premium barrel manufacturers making quality barrels out of 4140 and 416 stainless.... 45acp barrels are.softer steel and machine easier...