New Crosman M1 Carbine full auto

Just picked this up yesterday for $140 and I’ve got to say they really knocked it out of the park with this one.

So far as replicas go, it’s pretty meh. It’s not terrible, but it’s got a plastic stock, no magazine and it just doesn’t really look or feel that close to the real thing.

So far as just being an awesome BB gun goes, it’s spectacular. By BB gun standards it’s a tack driver. I shot a 5 round burst into an apple at about 8 yards and every shot hit and I was hitting 2” hanging targets at 15 yards with hardly any misses. It’s got great sights. It’s lightweight and points well. It gets a ton of shots from 2 CO2 cartridges. It loads up extremely easily. You fill the main reservoir with BB’s, 300 capacity, and then pull out the magazine rod which allows BB’s to fall into the internal magazine. You then push the magazine rod back in and you’re ready to go. The whole process only takes a few seconds.
That internal mag may not look authentic, but it sure makes loading BB’s quick and easy and unlike most similar BB guns you don’t have to buy any extra expensive magazines.

I can really only knock it for how heavy the trigger is and the overall cheap, plasticky look and feel of it.
IMG_3833.jpeg

IMG_3834.jpeg

Last edited:
My son has a full auto Crosman that looks like a Mac 10. I bet it's the same action and loading design as yours.

It's a lot of fun to break beer bottles with. It shoots hard and is surprisingly accurate. Its not easy to point though. I thought it would be much better if it was in a proper stock with a little longer barrel so you could control your shots better. And a proper sight.

I think that's pretty much what you have there. And only a few bucks more.

The only issue we had was it freezing up if we shot it too fast. The trigger would get funny and it would stop running. If you give it a couple minutes to thaw out it works great again.

My son has a full auto Crosman that looks like a Mac 10. I bet it's the same action and loading design as yours.

It's a lot of fun to break beer bottles with. It shoots hard and is surprisingly accurate. Its not easy to point though. I thought it would be much better if it was in a proper stock with a little longer barrel so you could control your shots better. And a proper sight.

I think that's pretty much what you have there. And only a few bucks more.

The only issue we had was it freezing up if we shot it too fast. The trigger would get funny and it would stop running. If you give it a couple minutes to thaw out it works great again.
I’ve got a Crosman MPW and an Umarex MP40 as well and those operate on a different design with the cylinders and valves contained within the magazines. It makes for a more realistic reproduction, but also for some very pricey magazines that are a bit of a pain to load.

What they used on this M1 carbine is less realistic, but way better in terms of ease of use and price. This one is also the most accurate of any of my BB guns. If they could somehow power it with an AEG system I’d say it was the perfect BB gun.

The Umarex MP40 is also very good, and very realistic, but it uses expensive magazines and has poor sights.