Diana New D75

I just received my new to me D75 and am a little confused. I believe it is a 9mm front dovetail but the nice Gehmann front sight and what seems to be a riser are both 11mm. I nave a picture from the seller showing this sight on the gun, no idea how. Where is the best place to get a 9mm to 11mm adapter to replace the Gehmann riser. The original front sight is also pictured.

thumbnail (91).jpeg
thumbnail (90).jpeg
IMG_2536.jpg
IMG_2537.jpg
thumbnail (81).jpeg

i am not sure i have ever seen a dovetail raiser adapter from 9 to 11mm
my first thought is to get ahold of Gehmaan and ask them i dii just do a quick look and saw nothing looked on a UK site that has a lot of stuuff but again an email to them wouldn't hurt
https://www.ant-supplies.uk/scope-sight-optic-accessories/
the problem is this type of adapter is needed so rarely no one might not make one now where in the past they could the guy had a lot of money in Gehmaan gear
a barrel sleeve could do the job but in would have to measure OD and see if that could be found off the shelf i will go look in my box of stuff i know a tall FWB front globe would work hard to find

i am not sure i have ever seen a dovetail raiser adapter from 9 to 11mm
my first thought is to get ahold of Gehmaan and ask them i dii just do a quick look and saw nothing looked on a UK site that has a lot of stuuff but again an email to them wouldn't hurt
https://www.ant-supplies.uk/scope-sight-optic-accessories/
the problem is this type of adapter is needed so rarely no one might not make one now where in the past they could the guy had a lot of money in Gehmaan gear
a barrel sleeve could do the job but in would have to measure OD and see if that could be found off the shelf i will go look in my box of stuff i know a tall FWB front globe would work hard to find
I have the OEM sight with an adjustable iris, but without a riser it won't work with the very nice Gehmann rear sight setup. The guy hasn't found the T01 rear sight. So I have no combinations that will work. The guy sent me pictures of the sight mounted on the gun so I assumed it was good. He took it off for shipping and I have no idea how he had it mounted, I suspect he didn't. Here's the picture he sent.
thumbnail (81).jpeg

This allows fitting an 11mm sight onto a Walther dovetail which is 9mm

Alternately, you could use shims from a soda can or thin brass stock.

If I had the equipment to do the mod I may try it. I didn't notice how long it was, but I imagine it would extend past the end of the barrel. Thanks for the help. I still want a 9 to 11 dovetail adapter. It's funny there's a 11 to 9 adapter on the rear for the Gehmann sight.
thumbnail (82).jpeg
image000000 (2).JPG

Thank you Chuck. I like that and thought of the idea, didn't realize it existed. That should also center the sight over the bore, or close. The price is right to try and it is a LW barrel I think.

Reactions: Chuck-in-Ohio
...now that there is a beautiful airgun...
Man, nice rifle OP!
Thank-you. I've been looking for quite a while but never thought I'd find one I could afford. This one is supposed to have been rebuilt. As soon as I get the sights sorted out I'll shoot it over the chronograph.

Reactions: crosman2016

Big shout out to Chuck, I bought the last one of those pins and it worked! Thank-you sir! I never would have found that. Anyway here's some pictures of the sight attached. If anyone knows what the adjustments on the front and rear sight do I'd appreciate it. I know the rear has a 1.5x magnifier and the adjustable iris but don't understand the dual polarization thing, or the two adjustments on the front sight. Is one an adjustable iris and one have something to do with cant? I just looked at the picture and there's a third ring in the middle, I'm confused, never had so many dials on a sight.
IMG_2559.jpgIMG_2558.jpgIMG_2562.jpgIMG_2561.jpgIMG_2563.jpg

Last edited:
Rear iris
Click the box that says MANUAL
Easier for you to read it, than try to explain it...:)

Front sight
The center scale is a reference for canting the sight.
The ring with the smaller values adjusts the ID of the aiming ring. The ring with the larger values adjusts overall thickness of the aiming ring.
Personally, I prefer the ID adjustment to be facing me when aiming. That allows for easier adjustment for me when lighting conditions change, but it is purely personal preference, it will work just fine mounted either way.

To cant the front sight, loosen the single Allen bolt that is located in the end of the sight base. Not the clamping bolt, the one in the end. That will allow you to rotate the sight body on the base.

Glad to hear that the front sight mounting plan worked out for you!

Last edited:
Rear iris

Front sight
The ring with the smaller values adjusts the ID of the aiming ring. The ring with the larger values adjusts overall thickness of the aiming ring.
Personally, I prefer the ID adjustment to be facing me when aiming. That allows for easier adjustment for me when lighting conditions change, but it is purely personal preference, it will work just fine mounted either way.

To cant the front sight, loosen the single Allen bolt that is located in the end of the sight base. Not the clamping bolt, the one in the end. That will allow you to rotate the sight body on the base.

Thank-you again Chuck-in-ohio! I have the rear figured out, currently am not using the polarizing features. Thank-you for the info on the front sight. I have never used anything more than a Williams peep so this is a bit overwhelming.

thumbnail (93).jpeg

thumbnail (92).jpeg

Rear iris

Front sight

I have a question about this sight ? Would this set up work for squirrel hunting and if not what would be a better option. I have plenty of scoped and factory open sight options and just looking for something different.

Thank-you again Chuck-in-ohio! I have the rear figured out, currently am not using the polarizing features. Thank-you for the info on the front sight. I have never used anything more than a Williams peep so this is a bit overwhelming.

View attachment 485200

View attachment 485201
Truth be told, I have only ever used the polarizing feature indoors. When you have a constant and steady light source, the feature can be used to clarify and or sharpen your sight picture by cutting or creating contrast on the target. Out in the wide outside, where light shifts and changes, you can chase your tail at times, and at others the polarization will work against you.
Try to play with the feature on a well lit indoor range, and you will see the benefit.
Happy to be of some help brother, and am glad to see that you are getting a handle on the features of that particular set up.

Last edited:
I have a question about this sight ? Would this set up work for squirrel hunting and if not what would be a better option. I have plenty of scoped and factory open sight options and just looking for something different.
A plain adjustable iris without all the filters would most likely be better for that application.

Some diopter correction could be a benefit, but adjusting for varying ranges may or may not cost you a shot if you have to adjust from near to far.
Depending on where you set your iris opening, it will affect your depth of field when sighting. A tighter aperture gives you a deeper depth of field, but that comes at the expense of brightness of the sight picture.

I have never used diopter correction for anything but paper punching though, so take my opinion with a grain of salt please.

Reactions: fishing43
A plain adjustable iris without all the filters would most likely be better for that application.

Some diopter correction could be a benefit, but adjusting for varying ranges may or may not cost you a shot if you have to adjust from near to far.
Depending on where you set your iris opening, it will affect your depth of field when sighting. A tighter aperture gives you a deeper depth of field, but that comes at the expense of brightness of the sight picture.

I have never used diopter correction for anything but paper punching though, so take my opinion with a grain of salt please.
Thank you for the advice, I thought I might be wanting something that is not a viable alternative.