NEW DNT ZULUS vs. OLD ARKEN ZULUS ...New Firmware Update with Improvements.

Can I get the new firmware update using the Arken app or do I need the DNT app?
I'm assuming the DNT app will recognize the Zulus via wifi.
Got your app and then info
IMG_0168.jpeg
IMG_0169.jpeg

I downloaded the DNT app and can't get past the add device screen. Under Arken it gives three choices, one is the 3-12 version, the others are the 5-20, trying both it appears I can't get either to connect as I just get the add device option.
Using the Arken app it shows that my firmware is up to date, which I don't see how as I haven't updated in a couple of months.

If only these / similar had bigger optical zoom, CUZ then this geek would be all over them.
Dont understand how the cameras had poor daytime footage, the starvis 2 sensors have excellent dynamic range and nice HDR performance,,,,,, in dashcams.

I would hope something like this save your profiles / settings while doing a firmware update, otherwise that would be annoying i would think.

I downloaded the DNT app and can't get past the add device screen. Under Arken it gives three choices, one is the 3-12 version, the others are the 5-20, trying both it appears I can't get either to connect as I just get the add device option.
Using the Arken app it shows that my firmware is up to date, which I don't see how as I haven't updated in a couple of months.
Shoot me a message I can see what's going on.

Reactions: Airgun Al
If only these / similar had bigger optical zoom, CUZ then this geek would be all over them.
Dont understand how the cameras had poor daytime footage, the starvis 2 sensors have excellent dynamic range and nice HDR performance,,,,,, in dashcams.

I would hope something like this save your profiles / settings while doing a firmware update, otherwise that would be annoying i would think.
A swap to the new firmware does wipe current profiles unfortunately. It is recommended to write down your current zero profiles so you can input then again once the swap is done.

A swap to the new firmware does wipe current profiles unfortunately. It is recommended to write down your current zero profiles so you can input then again once the swap is done.
I currently have 3 apps installed....
Arken Ballistics, Arken Optics, and now the new DNT...
Do you suggest now that I have DNT installed, that I delete the Arken Ballistics and Arken Optics app's?
Is there any reason to keep the 2 previous apps installed?
Thanks in advance.

I'm the same, I've deleted it DNT app ,
I upload again in a few days.
Obviously some gremlins at work.

I am real happy with the firmware update on the zulus scope but the night vision is a little darker to me, first picture is before

View attachment 482746

View attachment 482747

Looks great to me.
Seems like more definition in the 2nd photo.
Im no expert, but to be fair, you would have to compare the 2 , at the same exact time, and the same level of zoom.
Light pollution and moon stages will certainly vary, and based on time stamp, we had a full moon on the night of your 1st photo.
Edit- Im courious...How far away was the mouse in these photos?

Last edited:
Looks great to me.
Seems like more definition in the 2nd photo.
Im no expert, but to be fair, you would have to compare the 2 , at the same exact time, and the same level of zoom.
Light pollution and moon stages will certainly vary, and based on time stamp, we had a full moon on the night of your 1st photo.
Edit- Im courious...How far away was the mouse in these photos?
Will be putting my firmware update tomorrow night on rats. Will know right away if there’s a difference…