NEW DNT ZULUS vs. OLD ARKEN ZULUS ...New Firmware Update with Improvements.

Last night, I was playing with the Zulus night vision.
I had the rifle pointed in a safe direction, toward a stacked fire wood pile, in my yard, about 30 yards away and....
I saw 2 eyes light up, and a very quick moving mouse!
No shots fired, as I was caught off guard, and was simply playing with the settings.
But the Zulus night vision works incredably well!
Very Impressed!

Brawler,
A little off topic here....
1. Is DNT owned by Arken, and simply a "division" of Arken, or is it an entirely different company?
2. It was mentioned in a Youtube video, that there was a recent "Press Release" from DNT (Arken), that there was a new glass scope coming soon.
It is suppose to be a 7-35 x 56.....
It was also mentioned that a new retical design was in the works, for the glass scopes.
Do you have any information to add, to whats already been mentioned?
Are they keeping the current VHR (hunter) retical, and the current VPR (precision) retical, in the glass scopes, and then adding a 3rd retical design to their line up???
Any details would be greatly appriciated.
Thanks.

DNT Zulus App & ballistics calculator all in one. I would like to see the windage part connect with the weatherflow weathermeter that would be nice
What you really need is an electronic anemometer/ wind vane mounted on an upper rail feeding current wind conditions to the ZULUS

Rumor has it that a propeller & arrow on your baseball cap works well too

just my humor cents
Edward

Brawler,
A little off topic here....
1. Is DNT owned by Arken, and simply a "division" of Arken, or is it an entirely different company?
2. It was mentioned in a Youtube video, that there was a recent "Press Release" from DNT (Arken), that there was a new glass scope coming soon.
It is suppose to be a 7-35 x 56.....
It was also mentioned that a new retical design was in the works, for the glass scopes.
Do you have any information to add, to whats already been mentioned?
Are they keeping the current VHR (hunter) retical, and the current VPR (precision) retical, in the glass scopes, and then adding a 3rd retical design to their line up???
Any details would be greatly appriciated.
Thanks.
After a quick glance the reticle on the 7x35 appears to be the same as 5x25 .
Once I get it mounted I will confirm.

Reactions: Airgun Al
.... reach out so we csn help trouble shoot and get you sorted.
Brawler,

I have 2 questions, that you might be able to help me answer:

1. Besides the EP-5 GEN 2, does Arken have another new, 7-35x56 GLASS optic coming out soon? Not the EP-5 GEN 2, but something even newer that that?

2. ArkenOptics.com and ArkenOpticsUSA.com, are 2 completely different web sites........
Without the use of a VPN, is it possible to visit and view ArkenOptics.com, without getting re-directed to ArkenOpticsUSA.com?

Reactions: mlayton60564
Thanks as usual! But WHY is the firmware update so hard tto find using Google or other search? SNAFU?

IMG_1665.jpeg

Ok I'm about ready to chuck mine against a tree!!! Trying to get the ballistics program to function. I have everything in the app and have transfered it to the optic. Go into menus and select the correct profile from the list, and see the profile in the upper right corner. Turn on the range finder and get a range, click the button again and get an error of "Balistic Algorithim not activated ".

I go into the Ballistic Options and select the profile again, look through and verify everything is correct......and same thing.

What am I missing guys?!?!?!

Ok I'm about ready to chuck mine against a tree!!! Trying to get the ballistics program to function. I have everything in the app and have transfered it to the optic. Go into menus and select the correct profile from the list, and see the profile in the upper right corner. Turn on the range finder and get a range, click the button again and get an error of "Balistic Algorithim not activated ".

I go into the Ballistic Options and select the profile again, look through and verify everything is correct......and same thing.

What am I missing guys?!?!?!
Before anyone chucks any against trees always feel free to reach out. I will chat here give you my number etc. First I would like you to delete your DNT app, after that pair your scope to the app via wifi again, tap device to mirror your screen just to confirm it was successfully connected. After that check in scope see if your ballistics are still correct, confirm Ballistic Calculation is selected and try ranging again. IF that didn't work please reach out to me and I will try and sort it put for you. Sorry for the inconvenience

Reactions: woogie_man
Oh I won't chuck it against a tree....just frustrated more than anything. Will delete app and try again

Sending a message. Deleted the DNT app and reloaded everything. Synced back to the scope and still nothing. I am sure it is something I am doing to be honest.

And working!! BRAWLER is the man!

What happened.....if things don't work delete app and start over. Things are working now.

Last edited:
Oh I won't chuck it against a tree....just frustrated more than anything. Will delete app and try again

Sending a message. Deleted the DNT app and reloaded everything. Synced back to the scope and still nothing. I am sure it is something I am doing to be honest.

And working!! BRAWLER is the man!

What happened.....if things don't work delete app and start over. Things are working now.

IMG_0259.jpeg

IMG_0265.png