FX New FX Panthera Hunter Compact 22 Cal. jamming JSB Hades pellets & wobbly FX Factory Folding AR 15 style Stock adapter.

I purchased the FX Panthera Compact in .22 Cal with the folding Factory Dynamic folding AR 15 style Stock adapter and Sliding UTG Buttstock. The FX Compact was selected and purchased after seeing the video posted by Justin at Utah Air Guns. In fact, Utah Air set it up to match what being demonstrated by Justin's gun.......with the only change being the scope selection. The rifle is lightweight and accurate for my purposed use as a squirrel buster for typical 15 to 50 yard shots. My Panthera Compact was set up and tested by Utah Air to shoot .22 Cal JSB Hades 15.89 pellets at approximately 890 FPS. I purchased 4 extra FX new style with thicker lid magazines too. The gun is accurate and lightweight.

However .......about every 25 or so pellets that are shot.........the feed from the loose pellets in the new style deeper FX magazines lids.... jam...... kinda crooked and will not feed into the hole (breech) of the rifle. When i remove the magazine, the pellet is kinda crooked at an angle in the magazine and stuck. I have to poke it with a wooden chopstick to get it straight and then reinsert the magazine into the rifle.

Does anyone else have this feeding issue?
It seems to me..... there is too much room inside the new style Panthera magazine for the pellets and the thicker lid needs to have a deeper ring inside the cover to reduce the space and keep the pellets held tighter.

I also own a FX Crown .22 Cal with the older thinner magazine lids and have never had this issue shooting the same Hades pellet.

I called Utah Air, and the gentleman I spoke with said they never have this problem with the Panthera.
Hummmmm........

Also, the FX Dynamic Adapter has an excessive amount of wobble, so the Buttstock feels loose in that folding part.. Does anyone have any suggestions how to tighten that up?

Thanks

I hear what you are saying. I don’t have this gun but I can say that my stud magazine for my Skout .25 epoch does the same thing when feeding the lighter 25.39 pellets. Doesn’t do it with 33.95. I think it is due to the extra room in the mag. It’s a bummer. I would maybe try an aftermarket mag. I know there are some cheap ones on eBay that get good reviews. I think the seller is in Washington state.

Fx folding adapter = floppy POS. unfortunately you have to remove it and run a fixed stock or replace it imo. I was suprised at how unstable the folding adapter was.

But but but, buy once cry once, not buy once and cry for months.

*edit* (this is sarcasm, not a dig at ya..lol)

-Matt

I found exactly the same issues. I sold the FX folding hinge and replaced it. CARM do pellet specific magazines. As you say, all FX would have to do is offer a lid with no groove for pellets.
What folding stock adapter are you using on the FX Panthera Compact and will it adjust or tighten to eliminate the wobble? Where did you purchase it?

Also, where can I purchase pellet load non-jamming .22 cal magazines that "fit" the FX Panthera Compact. Alternatively,.... is a thicker lid available from anyone for pellet shooters on the Panthera rifle.

It is difficult to imagine FX is unaware of this issue. Seems like this pellet jamming problem would have come up, and corrected, when they were testing the rifle.... and a thicker magazine lid developed (or some type of fix) long before it was released or put in production.

Seems like FX offered up a generalized build. We all know that if those mags were narrower for shorter pellets, a handful of folks would cry because they didn't accommodate heavier slugs. If FX were to offer 2 different mags, many would appreciate while too many would call it "gouging". It would be stated by the latter that one of those mags is a better choice than the other. Seems like FX can't please everyone.
Many of y'all FX owners are a special breed. Frantic tinkerers. Not picking on those who are. I have a certain level of admiration for your tenacity.
In another recent thread which was something abut Daystate, Skout and electronic guns; there were folks grumling about the near 3k price of a Daystate and how it's too expensive for most. Yet some of those same folks have called UA, ordered a new FX gun, and all the other accessories and hop-up parts they can squeak out of the 5k that's burning a hole in their pocket.
Anyway, the moral of my post is: not everyone will be completely happy with what they buy.

What folding stock adapter are you using on the FX Panthera Compact and will it adjust or tighten to eliminate the wobble? Where did you purchase it?

Also, where can I purchase pellet load non-jamming .22 cal magazines that "fit" the FX Panthera Compact. Alternatively,.... is a thicker lid available from anyone for pellet shooters on the Panthera rifle.

It is difficult to imagine FX is unaware of this issue. Seems like this pellet jamming problem would have come up, and corrected, when they were testing the rifle.... and a thicker magazine lid developed (or some type of fix) long before it was released or put in production.

Reactions: SFeltus