New FX Pocket Chronograph v2 OUT TODAY

Yes its radar, so it should pretty much just have a view of the trajectory of the pellet, some have the chrono on a small tripod i have at times just had it on the table or a small ledge i shoot over.
I have seen them on the scopes on the front " bell ". and all manner of rails, and DIY adapters to hold the damn thing.

Mind you me and my friend can sit next to eachother and shoot and the chrono on my rifle will not read his shots, even if we are just a few feet apart and shoot at the same thing

Just tried mine out yesterday. I mounted it on the p-rail to the right of the M3 rail. It picked up every shot and I was holding the gun offhand at about three feet from my pellet trap in the garage. Very impressed so far. Taking it to the range today after work.

I do think a quick release mount would have made more sense.

Well, okay, how about I drive to the range and forgot to charge it, but I have a battery bank? 🤠
The way they engineer something like that it runs off USB cable when the USB cable is plugged in and when it's not turned on it charges from the same cable. Probably uses a lot of the same circuitry from about a Gozillion other pieces of hardware that are similar.

Reactions: mjb206
The way they engineer something like that it runs off USB cable when the USB cable is plugged in and when it's not turned on it charges from the same cable. Probably uses a lot of the same circuitry from about a Gozillion other pieces of hardware that are similar.
That’s ideal. But I’ve had some pieces of equipment that would only charge, not run, off an external pack.

Reactions: OldSpook
I recently bought one of the V2’s and initially thought I had one of the “turds”. I was lucky to get a reading once every 20 shots. Tried it in a number of different locations on the gun, and same bad results. Went back to my trusty old Caldwell unit and figured the excitement of “New and Improved” had cost me $250.

Gave it a revisit this morning and after remembering an old comment about the V1 liking to be hung upside down, I figured I’d give that a try. Bingo! Using the rubber-band mount, I hung it from the inner end of my DonnyFL Shogun. It didn’t just improve a little bit … it gave a reading for EVERY damn shot!

Long story short, don’t give up until you’ve tried all the possibilities … I eventually found the sweet spot for my Impact.

Attached is a photo of the final location that worked for me.
IMG_4830.jpeg

I have the FX V1. Have had very inconsistent results. The latest software release said to use Energizer lithium batteries. Changed to those batteries and everything started to work.

Used the chrony for a couple of hours and left the batteries installed. Batteries were at 90%. Came back a week later and checked and the batteries were at 64%.

Seems the V1 works best with only lithium batteries and it pays to take them out of the unit when not in use.

Waiting on long term reviews of the V2 before I consider upgrading.

The latest app has improved my FX chrono gen 1 ability to record shots. Noticed the app had changed this weekend and kept looking at the chrono out of the corner of my eye as it recorded my shots consistently. Before last weekend it would take me twenty or thirty shots to get a ten shot string. Sunday it only took twelve or fifteen shots to get a ten shot string recorded.
12 to 15 shots to get a 10 shot string? Hmmmm shouldn't it be 10 shots to get a 10 shot string? I also had a gen1 and got rid of it because it worked so well.