New Gamo Urban-needs advice

Hi Guys.

I'm not new to airguns (mostly break barrel plinkers) but I am to PCP's. I am getting a Gamo Urban so that my wife can also shoot/eliminate some nuisance critters that are ravaging our Large production garden. I chose a PCP due to the difficulty she has with break barrels. So, here's the questions, maybe you can help me out. I'd like to keep this as budget friendly as possible since we will only be target shooting and eliminating Varmints, no competition shooting or extensive shooting sessions. a lot of the airgunner stores are out of stock or weeks away from a pre-order. Would like to find items I can order this week. I hate using amazon but it looks like everyone else is coming up short.

1.) We will be shooting early morning/day/dusk, no more than 50m, 100m MAX. Probably 25-50m average. Looking for a decent scope, 11mm rail, less than $100. again, not competition shooting. If we miss, oh well, they will be back.

2.) definitely would like a bipod. suggestions? parts needed to mount? never had one on my rifle before.

3.) Filling. - I know I will need an air venturi quick fit. But, I'm clueless about air tanks and connecting hoses/fittings. I'd rather not use a pump, 2 reasons. Well, the wife (it's used by me and her) and we have both a coca-cola bottler near us and an Air Gas store nearby. I can get CO2 pretty cheap and I'm sure I can find a shop with a high pressure pump to fill straight air.. Again, not going "hunting" per se except in our field, and would need only enough fill for 2-3 cycles. Lots of bottles for $300-500, was hoping to find something less expensive, nothing fancy but fool-proof enough for her to operate as well when filling the rifle.

4.) lastly, pellet advice. Target and rabbit mostly. 25m-50m average.

That's about it. I definitely appreciate any help and where to order from if they have in stock or I can try Amazon as a resort. Thanks guys! I hope to return the favor as we gain experience.

Scope is easy. The only scope in that price range I would consider is a hawke vantage. Either the 4x fixed power around 80 or the 2x7 for 120. Pellet choice for rabbit and target. Super easy crosman premiers from Walmart. Mine shoots great with it. As for a bipod I use a Harris knock off I bought for 40 bucks. Any bipod will work utg makes one. You need to buy a picatinny rail with two holes in it and drill your own pilot holes in the stock. I used e6000 to glue in the screws to hold fast. As far as air goes no cheap way out if you don't want to hand pump. I use a ninja bottle. Air tanks for sale makes the best bottles though. I would recommend as big of a tank as you can afford. I use the great white. It saves money and time in the long run. If you need budget right now get the guppy. You picked a great gun for your first pcp. Mine is very accurate. Pm me if you need help finding that pic rail. I might have one somewhere but they are like 5 bucks on ebay. 

Remove the factory trigger adjustment screw and replace it with the screw from the plastic barrel band. The barrel band can be removed by carefully cutting it off,Don't worry...the barrel is rock solid Without it.

The longer adjustment screw allows you to make the trigger Very nice! I also drilled an access hole in the stock to allow hammer spring adjustments with no dissassembly via a 4mm allen wrench.

As for pellets,mine Loved the inexpensive Crosman 14.3 domes and JSB 15.89's. You may want to try those.

Bipod-wise I added swivel studs and used a Champion bipod that attached to the stud. Worked GREAT!

Excellent little BSA..er,Gamo!

Hope you find this helpfull

Mike.

If there is a dive shop nearby you can get Aluminum 3k psi tanks for about $200, then refills will be $5-$10. You will need a fill hose that will be another $100 from Pyramyd air. I recomend the 3k tank because it will be impossible to overfill your gun. The downside that some see is, as you loose pressure in the tank you will not get a "full fill" of the rifle. No problem, just a little shorter shot string. I refill my tank when it gets below 2400 psi, that is only a couple times a year. That will be probably 50 fills of the rifle. Sometimes the shop doesn't even charge me for the top off because I use so little air.

• Love
Reactions: Drew816
For air, I would send an email to Mike at Flying Dragon Air rifles to see if he has any of the new Xisico GX2 or GX3 compressors in stock. He is in Burt, Iowa and would be the guy supplying parts when needed, as he is the US importer for Xisico. Fill the Urban directly from the compressor.

I've also heard good things about his budget scopes. http://flyingdragonairrifles.org/index.php?route=product/product&path=60&product_id=69

If there is a dive shop nearby you can get Aluminum 3k psi tanks for about $200, then refills will be $5-$10. You will need a fill hose that will be another $100 from Pyramyd air. I recomend the 3k tank because it will be impossible to overfill your gun. The downside that some see is, as you loose pressure in the tank you will not get a "full fill" of the rifle. No problem, just a little shorter shot string. I refill my tank when it gets below 2400 psi, that is only a couple times a year. That will be probably 50 fills of the rifle. Sometimes the shop doesn't even charge me for the top off because I use so little air.

Don't you mean a 4500psi carbon fibre tank? His gun is fill rated at (as per factory spec) 232BAR 3365psi and not a Benjamin Discovery or a Maximus which require only 2000psi. 3000psi is already starting at a lower fill pressure than what the gun is rated for.

Reactions: joelayfield
SORRY had a BigTinBoat moment there. 

1593545169_3957708165efb91d12f6063.77476567.png

Thanks Eddie, didn't know about this shop and its in Iowa. to bad he doesn't work on Gamo😯 but thats ok. I'll check into the compressor but I think it may be outside my budget for now. If I end up getting a big bore later, for sure. but never hurts to check into it. a 12v power supply is gonna be necessary since it's a long way from where I can get 110 power.

Don't you mean a 4500psi carbon fibre tank? His gun is fill rated at (as per factory spec) 232BAR 3365psi and not a Benjamin Discovery or a Maximus which require only 2000psi. 3000psi is already starting at a lower fill pressure than what the gun is rated for.

His gun is very similar to my BSA Scorpion. It is rated for 232 bar, but peak power is at 2600psi. There is no reason to fill it much higher.

• Love
Reactions: Drew816
Medium rings should be just right for a 40 mm objective. I think that they will still be OK with a 50. For your fill source, if you are on a budget, forget anything Air tanks For Sale. His prices will make your eyes water. The Great White setup recommended above will set you back 3 times what you paid for the gun. Your best option is probably a used SCBA or SCUBA. For the SCBA, make sure it has been hydro tested in the last 5 years and it isn't close to its use by date (15 years). For a SCUBA tank, make sure it's in test and steer clear of aluminium bottles made in the nineties (dodgy alloy used on some brands). If something looks to cheap to be true, it probably is. I think that you will be pleasantly surprised by the accuracy of the Urban. JSB 16 or 18 grainers will shoot the best.

Thread Revival!!

So what are the current Scope recommendations on the Urban? The Sub-$75 category I would say... Since it's not really going to reach out THAT far, I don't see any reason to go with a bigger/more expensive option as long as what I get is clear, good focus, holds together, etc.

Got the info on removing the barrel band, screw removal/swap and pellet types which is terrific!

Thanks!
Andrew
Columbus, OH-IO