New guy question.

New to the pcp game. My question is about compressed air. I have a family member that is on tanked oxygen. We have the machine to fill said tanks. Is this the same type of air that would be from the local dive shop to have a pcp tank filled? Thanks in advance
NOOOO!!! Oxygen will blow the gun up.... not safe at all... you can only use compressed air or nitrogen or heluimn which even with heluimn i would call the builder and check with them to make sure they have built it strong enough to handle it. Which i would only use heluim if i was shooting big bores for more power.

NOOOO!!! Oxygen will blow the gun up.... not safe at all... you can only use compressed air or nitrogen or heluimn which even with heluimn i would call the builder and check with them to make sure they have built it strong enough to handle it. Which i would only use heluim if i was shooting big bores for more power.
Thanks!

Reactions: anonymous_.457
Not yet, lol. Just getting set up to punch some paper and tree rats.
Lol i got 3 big bores a xp airguns .40 and a pbba .457 and .308 pbba my .457 will do 660 fps with a 360 grain slug on 3000 psi with a 21 in barrel on 3000 psi with a 150 cc air tube pretty impressive but i only get 2 shots lol 3 rd shot will get stuck in barrel

Reactions: fb7782
Lol i got 3 big bores a xp airguns .40 and a pbba .457 and .308 pbba my .457 will do 660 fps with a 360 grain slug on 3000 psi with a 21 in barrel on 3000 psi with a 150 cc air tube pretty impressive but i only get 2 shots lol 3 rd shot will get stuck in barrel
I'm still at the looking to by the first one and all the accessories needed to get shooting stage. I'm sure I will probably end up in the big bore camp in a few years.

Invacare home fill for the O2 tanks, don't have one for the pcp yet, just started looking. Suggestions?
fb,
High Pressure Air (HPA) pumps range from $50 (eBay) Chinese handpumps to $4-5K compressors. Many members found "air freedom" with the Yong Heng or GX-CS Series compressors. The oil-less, water-less, tri-power, high speed fan cooled rectangular box compressors will work but suffer a limited lifetime and low rebuild success. Many opt for Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) firefighter tanks, for high pressure capacity and light weight, as compared to SCUBA tanks, filling at Paintball Shops, Dive Shops or Fire Stations. Tanks have lifetime and Pressure Test timeframes that no outside vendor will fill if expired. Expirations don't impact filling by personal compressor. The archives (upper right page corner) are full of helpful information, search using key words from this narrative, if so inclined. Best of Luck, WM

Reactions: fb7782
fb,
High Pressure Air (HPA) pumps range from $50 (eBay) Chinese handpumps to $4-5K compressors. Many members found "air freedom" with the Yong Heng or GX-CS Series compressors. The oil-less, water-less, tri-power, high speed fan cooled rectangular box compressors will work but suffer a limited lifetime and low rebuild success. Many opt for Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) firefighter tanks, for high pressure capacity and light weight, as compared to SCUBA tanks, filling at Paintball Shops, Dive Shops or Fire Stations. Tanks have lifetime and Pressure Test timeframes that no outside vendor will fill if expired. Expirations don't impact filling by personal compressor. The archives (upper right page corner) are full of helpful information, search using key words from this narrative, if so inclined. Best of Luck, WM
Thank you

Reactions: WorriedMan
@fb7782

What pcp do you have or are planning to fill? That will help us give you better advice. If you have a smaller reservoir and a lower pressure like a ~200cc and 230Bar most people can start out with a cheap hand pump. I have a FourUncles brand I used for a while to fill my Gamo Urban and Coyote and FX Wildcat. But after I started getting into higher pressure and bigger bottles I really needed a compressor. The best "cheap" compressor I think is the Omega Trail Charger, but the GX CS4 and some of the Tuxing models are good starters. Just know you will have to rebuild or replace them at some point. I have a GX CS3 that has been awesome but I know its only going to last a couple years.

Reactions: anonymous_.457
@fb7782

What pcp do you have or are planning to fill? That will help us give you better advice. If you have a smaller reservoir and a lower pressure like a ~200cc and 230Bar most people can start out with a cheap hand pump. I have a FourUncles brand I used for a while to fill my Gamo Urban and Coyote and FX Wildcat. But after I started getting into higher pressure and bigger bottles I really needed a compressor. The best "cheap" compressor I think is the Omega Trail Charger, but the GX CS4 and some of the Tuxing models are good starters. Just know you will have to rebuild or replace them at some point. I have a GX CS3 that has been awesome but I know its only going to last a couple years.
I don't have one yet. Just getting ideas on what's out there and how much I'm gonna have to sneak in the house. I would like to eventually be able to fill scba tank for range day activities.

I would look at the CS4.
It is a quieter running compressor, it's self contained (water pump, radiator, fan, etc...) is all there. It can fill bottles and you can watch TV while it runs.

I have a Yong Heng...I hate that thing because of the support needed and the noise. The twin cylinder Tuxing is basically the same thing as a YH in operation. ONLY advantage to either of those two is they are faster, but with the support they need and the space they require needs to be considered. Also they are not portable at all. The cs4 can go with you and run on its own while you go shoot.

Of the thousands that have been sold, the failure rate is very low.

My main compressors I use..GX CS4 for shooting with friends or filling bottles and my GX EL3 when I'm alone or we are only filling guns...EL3 is battery powered

I would look at the CS4.
It is a quieter running compressor, it's self contained (water pump, radiator, fan, etc...) is all there. It can fill bottles and you can watch TV while it runs.

I have a Yong Heng...I hate that thing because of the support needed and the noise. The twin cylinder Tuxing is basically the same thing as a YH in operation. ONLY advantage to either of those two is they are faster, but with the support they need and the space they require needs to be considered. Also they are not portable at all. The cs4 can go with you and run on its own while you go shoot.

Of the thousands that have been sold, the failure rate is very low.

My main compressors I use..GX CS4 for shooting with friends or filling bottles and my GX EL3 when I'm alone or we are only filling guns...EL3 is battery powered
The problem with gx compressors is i dont see parts for it... and too slow to fill tanks