So I brought a new HW100S (177) yesterday.

What do I need to do or know as a new HW100 owner?

I’m thinking I should give the stock some treatment before I start using it. There’s a thread on walnut stocks that suggests CCL oil. I’ve used walnut oil for my TX200 in the past but I don’t think it really seals or drys to a hard finish.

I’ve also seen comments about cleaning the factory grease off of the hammer/spring and using some light oil instead - but there’s also guidance that this then needs regular lubrication so is it worth the hassle?

Future mods/upgrades that’ll be I the planning:

Studs
Rowan Engineering adjustable buttpad
HW100 Tuning kit 3
HW100 tuning titanium cylinder
Huma in-tank regulator

Anything else that’s worth considering or in peoples opinion not worth it?

Won’t do all this at once, probably gradually over the next year.

The HW100 is a very solid rifle, and I'm sure you will like it. I would not buy anything except pellets initially. The hammer and spring should be properly lubed as received and I would not do anything with it. I'm not sure what kind of "in-tank" reg you mention. The rifle is regulated, so nothing else is needed. If this is an in-line reg that attaches to your external scuba tank, it might be a convenience but is not necessary. My HW100 is also a .177. I tuned it down to 12 fpe, and later back up to around 14 fpe. At the lower power settings it is extremely quiet and greatly increases shot count. I shoot it a lot in the yard, so full power is not needed. The rifle is easy to tune, but the receiver modules have to be separated to access the reg adjustment screw, so I would not recommend doing anything initially. If you want to do any tuning there are some good videos available to assist. It is a robust rifle that you will enjoy a long time.

I agree with elh0102, don't worry about "upgrades" just invest in pellets... lots of pellets 😁

I have two full length FAC HW100 PCPs, a .177 and a .22, they're great airguns!

In .177 you should be good to go with the factory tune out to 40 yards or so. My .177 (8 years old) was tuned too hot (fast) for 10 grain pellets and would show instability and spiral at ranges over 50 yards so I've tuned it down a bit. Lots of info on the Weihrauch Owner's web page. PM me if you want some of my notes.

Don't know how the current HW100 models are tuned. Weihrauch may have changed the tune to improve long range stability but they may have left the power high to appeal to the customers who want maximum velocity (even if it means less accuracy). Check your velocity over a chronograph (that's a tool that you should invest in if you don't have one), velocities in the 870 to 890 fps range are typically the most accurate.

Weihrauch makes fine airguns, both springers and PCPs. I know you will enjoy yours.

Cheers!

This one is 23 or 24 years old" the only thing iv done is replace the O-rings in the fill tubes and the little O-ring thats on the end of the tube when ya unscrew. Even with the short barrel im getting 825 with 22cal. 15gr. pellet.

P1010014.JPG

DSCF1786.JPG

Reactions: bf1956
Imho one of the best upgrades you can give your HW100 is installing a Rowan Engineering adjustable trigger blade. Never understood with such a well machined rifle why they put this plastic blade. The Rowan makes it come alive.

Should you go for the titanium cylinder with a Huma inside i highly recommend to get the pre-chamber insert from HW100 tuning that goes into the original reg housing for maximum air flow. Will increase your shot count. No point leaving the old reg in sitting dead in the water with no function taking up precious space.

As for the grease. Since the MK3 version Weihrauch toned down on the grease so if yours is new new there shouldn't be an excessive amount in the action block.

Is yours a sub12 fitted with anti tamper that you want to upgrade to FAC or what is the reason you would want the HW100 Tuning kit 3?

So I brought a new HW100S (177) yesterday.

What do I need to do or know as a new HW100 owner?

I’m thinking I should give the stock some treatment before I start using it. There’s a thread on walnut stocks that suggests CCL oil. I’ve used walnut oil for my TX200 in the past but I don’t think it really seals or drys to a hard finish.

I’ve also seen comments about cleaning the factory grease off of the hammer/spring and using some light oil instead - but there’s also guidance that this then needs regular lubrication so is it worth the hassle?

Future mods/upgrades that’ll be I the planning:

Studs
Rowan Engineering adjustable buttpad
HW100 Tuning kit 3
HW100 tuning titanium cylinder
Huma in-tank regulator

Anything else that’s worth considering or in peoples opinion not worth it?

Won’t do all this at once, probably gradually over the next year.
Someone had a titanium cylinder listed in classifieds or did? I have a Rowan adj butt hanging around

Not so much a deficiency but I’ve a RatWorks tune doubles the shot count ?
I'm no expert, but doubling the shot count through tuning sounds very optimistic. I think I read, by installing a reg in the cylinder and by-passing the reg in the block, the plenum capacity may be doubled. I guess that's because the in-block reg is removed. I wonder if that claim has caused confusion?

Ah, sorry, should have clarified, RW have a package for the HW100, replacement cylinder, Tench Reg, and tune. That package claims the increase in shot count for the carbine, from 50-60 to 100-110. £310 for the package.
Got it. Mine is a .177 carbine, but it has the rifle cylinder. Since I tuned down the reg and hammer for sub-12 fpe power, my shot count is fantastic. I don't know the max, but I know it's over 80. Converting to an in-cylinder reg, such as the Huma or Tench might enhance efficiency, but I'm very pleased with it as is.