New HW45 Chrono numbers OK?

I Have a new HW45 .22. I have not dry fired it to try and up the numbers. My altitude where I shoot is around 2900 feet. The pistol has shown that it is capable of killing the paper targets I shoot at 25 feet away. The numbers seem low (the 383 seems like it was the pellet). Any thoughts on the numbers?
Hobby 11.9 grain
Hi-425
Lo-383
Avg.-412
ES-42 (the 383 didn't help here)
SD-12

I been looking at that gun and surprised i cant really find somewhere a guy posting crony strings on differant pellets , but found this and grabbed it to look at . Maybe if your shooting in n the cold its a tad low then hot weather ? These pistols aint power houses unlike a hunting type at 600+ ten m 400/450 +/- is ballpark. Then that's your gun and pellets used , next giys maybe slower or faster a few fps with any pellet.

Last edited:
FWIW - I think your gun is within acceptable limits. At 2900' you will be down a little on power compared to sea level. I bought a new HW 30 in .22 cal from AOA earlier this year and it shot around 350 fps at 6500' vs claimed "up to 425 fps" (AoA is at 1500')
Plus your gun will break in with time. I'd keep it if you like everything else about it.

Last edited:
Could be the pellet used.

Too bad cant find a chart like this for a hw45, but look at the .22 part and see some heaver pellets fps muzzle can be faster then a lighter pellet.

Ive see that with my guns this pellet is slower then that pellet kinda thing.

Thing is like ctshooter said it's a target type gun and not fast so to say its a +/- 400 fps pistol. Then what do i know anyway out side a opinion.. i do think a 450 fps gun is just about right for short (10m) . That tating most oftin is overrated for sales pitch. Or super lite pcb alloy pelleys to rate the max

Reactions: 45srbest
The velocity really doesn’t bother me. It seems like it’s in the ballpark with your responses . The only use it will see is in my garage 25-30 feet. Just practice for the outdoor range and powder burners. Interesting that when new I couldn’t get enough elevation adjustment to be dead center and now it is a couple of inches above dead center.

Reactions: maxtrouble
Ya, different places give different info on that ,"but". I also have hink your ballparking.

This was intresting and don't see it in .22 but i dont know

The .177 (4.5 mm) pistol has two power levels - Low power is 410 ft/s (125 m/s) and full power 557 ft/s (170 m/s), dependent on weight of pellet. The different power levels are created by cocking the gun to different lock points.

Here it shows the .22 has the steps (high/low)

And max in .22 being 426fps. ( Mps x 3.28=fps).

And your low above was 393? Id say ball park all the way 👍

Reactions: 45srbest
Considering your altitude and it's brand new, she's shooting to specs.

AAP new cover small.jpg

I like the iron sights on my HW75 but my eyes are not what they used to be. I tried shooting at ten meters today with iron sights and I suck. Three inch splatterburst targets and I needed every bit of them.

I purchased a set of these for the thirteen millimeter rail that the HW45 and HW75 share from what I have found. I plan on mounting a reflex dot. Still looking, maybe a Holosun or a Vector Optics.

Reactions: PEP3 and 45srbest
I like the iron sights on my HW75 but my eyes are not what they used to be. I tried shooting at ten meters today with iron sights and I suck. Three inch splatterburst targets and I needed every bit of them.

I purchased a set of these for the thirteen millimeter rail that the HW45 and HW75 share from what I have found. I plan on mounting a reflex dot. Still looking, maybe a Holosun or a Vector Optics.

UTG makes some that are not quite as pricy. Look on ebay, or AOA.

Ya, 13mm base .. somthing like this could work

Pretty much the same ones

Last edited: