New Iguana gun: What should we get?

Seeing your videos I think something along the lines of either going with a XR or something like a Uragan. I have the sk19 and although you can slow the pellets a wide margin it also needs something heavier than 18gr to go down to lower speeds not damage things and still be able to advance to the next pellet. 

Plus seeing your heavy use in the field I think you need something a more durable That can take a actual beating.

love the vids keep them coming!

Allen

Buying airguns without being able to handle them first is definitely the downside of this sport. Keeps the classifieds moving along nicely though. Take a long look at the Brococks since you’re stuck with AOA. Semi not necessary. Without that crutch, your gun will be simpler, lighter, more reliable and you will stay conscious of making your first shot count. Good luck.

Reactions: TreePointer
Buying airguns without being able to handle them first is definitely the downside of this sport. Keeps the classifieds moving along nicely though. Take a long look at the Brococks since you’re stuck with AOA. Semi not necessary. Without that crutch, your gun will be simpler, lighter, more reliable and you will stay conscious of making your first shot count. Good luck.

Her current rifle is a bolt action...in the vids, she lowers it to cycle the bolt - I'm guessing because it requires a hefty effort to cycle. This is probably why she wants semi auto.

But, aren't there "bolt actions" with a really light cocking effort? I've seen some that you just swipe the bolt to the rear and it looks almost effortless. I couldn't name any models, as I've watched a ton of review videos lately on all kinds of rifles, but I know I've seen some reviews where the shooter never even took their eye out of the scope while they cycled the bolt...

Be careful of your target and what's beyond it.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/09/florida-iguana-hunter-misses-target-hits-pool-boy-with-pellet-gun/

Florida iguana hunter misses target, hits pool boy with pellet gun

(And the usual karen is quoted for our amusement)

Police said the culprit was an iguana hunter hired by somebody in the neighborhood to help control the wild lizard population, the report said.

It’s unclear if the alleged shooter was caught.

“We had the iguanas everywhere. If neighbors are gonna be like the Wild West and shoot at everything, someone is gonna get killed,” warned Bryan.

First. I am enjoying your channel. Thanks for making the effort to make and post videos. 

My suggestion. Now I have no experience with your specific gun. So maybe others more familiar with how it’s action works can chime in. 
But could someone “tune” the cocking mechanism ? Maybe that spring is a little stuffer than necessary?? 
Seems the gun works great for you. Maybe spend a few hundred bucks on a tune. Rather than a few thousand on an all new gun. 
Once again I don’t know if this is possible but I’d certainly look into it if it were my gun. 

Reactions: TreePointer
Hi Jessica I have been watching your channel too and appreciate your expertise on the flora and fauna of Florida. I also love your tenacity and go getter attitude toward getting those iguanas. " Gotcha Iguana". I guess you might have some relationship with AOA but after looking at their selection of air rifles to fit your needs and purposes it seem they have too many harder to cock bolt action rifles and rifles that are just too heavy and longer in length. As far as rifles that would fit your needs there are three that come to mind and all for now are some FX models. First and I think best overall is the FX Wildcat Compact .22 cal. features are side lever, 18 shot mag., 230 cc air cylinder for 60 shots per fill on high power ( will be much more on lower power settings ) wide adjustability on power to fit your needs, length only 26.75" weight only 6.2 lbs. Second is the FX Dream Tac Compact .22 170 cc air cylinder ( to keep weight and rifle overall size down) only 30 shots per fill on high power but on lower power you will get some more. An option for more shots is to get the 300cc bottle version or buy a spare 170cc cylinder. rifle length will be about 29 "s but it has a folding stock which is good for storing in a case or sitting on the seat of a truck. The drawback of its shorter barrel it made need an moderator to quiet it down which adds to length. The weight is this rifle is only 5.5 lbs. The last rifle to recommend is the FX Dream Pup available in cylinder or bottle version. The qualities it has sort of sits between the other two rifles. All these FX rifles have superb accuracy, triggers, easy to cock side levers and overall adjustability. Bill

Jessica,

You need to do a video on how you got started in iguana removal.

You may want to contact Utah Airguns, Pyramid Air and Airgun Depot and tell them about your channel. With your channels growth they may be willing to sponsor you in some way. Maybe providing you with a rifle free or discounted.

My wife want to know what part of Louisiana you are from. We live in the New Orleans area.

If sheer accuracy is of the utmost importance to you then just buy the Steyr PRO-X you simply wont miss and they are actually worth the price of admission. Call Pilkingtons and thank me later. I'll really look forward to watching your videos after that.

There's nothing more accurate and trouble free in a PCP semi auto platform currently being produced with such a nice trigger THE STEYR BRAND. Buy at least 5 extra magazines for it.

Even the Steyr Hunting 5 auto rifle is worth buying but it's only a 5 shot Semiauto rifle. Buy at least 10 extra magazines for it.

Use the purchases as a tax write off as business expense.

https://youtu.be/aNVaNT5UOnA

https://youtu.be/aMbrkgqwvZc

https://youtu.be/kudBBZvNbFo

https://youtu.be/MiggGk2mWtI

I wonder how much insurance must be? seems a little risky shooting in public like that. 
She just joined and made the one post, probably boosted her views quite a bit! 
For informational purposes for others that might be reading for knowledge. 
I would suggest something low power in .177 so if one does miss or have a flier the unintentional damage would not be so great. 
The Brocock is a relatively easy rifle to cock, the only thing easier would be an electronic rifle. 

Mr Orion she awaits your response!!! No one has gotten a reply from her yet!