FX New Impact MK4

The most important changes as it appears to me are "better trigger" and "reverting to single regulator".

Better trigger has always been a need of competition shooters.

Two regulator system was causing a lot of problems for non technical users.

Better pistol grip is also great. A stronger top rail will also be helpful decreasing POI shift issues.

Bhaur

Reactions: Impact701
I didn't watch that part. That's great. The copper is awesome I think. I'm going to give the mk2 a fair shake with the 2 barrels I have. It's was shooting lights out with the 177 barrel and 16gr Zans and 16gr beasts and then I started having poi issues but I think the reg was on its way out.
If you already have an impact, especially an m3 this isn’t enough reason to upgrade in my opinion. That new color scheme is a sexy beast though.

I have modded my MK2 - internally and externally - to a level that buying a new bench rest performer cannot justify.
but I like the M4 improvements...
Welcoming the best the upper back plate dovetail feature that can slide the pic rail forward-backward.
Bench rest shooters prefers to sit more "behind the gun", for a decent eye box always better to slide the scope closer to eyes.
The angled grip not so much, me a vertical grip guy.
The trigger was working for me well with a vertical grip, I like the new adjustable LOP.

All new? No. Solid improvements? Yes!

Ignoring all the self righteous know-it-alls and negative Nancy's........ I like what I'm seeing. An Impact with a Dynamic block would be cool, but that would severely limit backwards compatibility. Here's what I like

A much needed fully adjustable trigger.
A single regulator.
A stiffer "backbone".
A moveable rail - yeah Daystate brought it to airguns first, but I'm certain I saw something similar on a firearm once upon a time. Let's not get into how every single modern bull pup draws heritage from the Impact.
An industry leading high capacity magazine.
A massive amount of aftermarket accessories to customize your airgun.
An integrated factory silencer. Because aftermarket "grey area" silencers scare me.

My biggest question is will the new trigger be backwards compatible and will it be available for purchase?

I like all the improvements. Especially the trigger and backbone stiffening with sliding scope rail.

If “simplification” also includes reducing the o-ring count in the Impact M4, that’s great.

It sounds like the magazine redesign may not allow the use of older Impact mags in the M4.

I’ve never owned an Impact. Thought about it numerous times but as I work on my rifles and likely would never send out for warranty work, I’ve always shied away from the Impact as it seems to have so many potential points of failure due to complex design…. but maybe an M4, hmmmm ? Lol.

What is the benefit of a movable partial pic rail vs a full pic rail? Slight weight savings? Moving the pic rail will most definitely introduce POI shifts. Just give me a full pic rail and i will place the optic where I need it on the rail, no need for the rail itself to move. Seems silly but perhaps I'm missing something.