FX New Impact MK4

Im speaking to the shop in Spain I got my m3 from, waiting to hear price but they say they'll have them on the 1st August and will be getting the Extended one. A portuguese member here has pm'd me about buying an m3... I'll update here when I hear European prices as I've not seen anything posted publicly yet?

WhatsApp Image 2024-07-17 at 19.34.14.jpeg

Reactions: rigbymauser
i just noticed that utah airguns ad for airgunnation is show casing the M4 with the backbone raillol what's the point of the new rail if you still NEED the airmarksman? Not hating on airmarksman, it's a badass rail.

View attachment 481650
You don’t need it. Pretty sure they are airmarksman so they are just show casing product. Just because people change things, doesn’t mean there was a problem: that’s short sighted. By that logic, no one should be coming out with any parts for the M4 then?

You don’t need it. Pretty sure they are airmarksman so they are just show casing product. Just because people change things, doesn’t mean there was a problem: that’s short sighted. By that logic, no one should be coming out with any parts for the M4 then?
By no means am I saying no one should come out with parts for the new gun. My point is that if you're gonna talk up that the rail is way more rigid, new and improved, then why are you showcasing it with an old rails that was meant for what the new one is supposed to do? That gives the impression that an aftermarket rail design from nearly a year ago is better than what is new. That doesn't really attract more customers.

Reactions: mubhaur
By no means am I saying no one should come out with parts for the new gun. My point is that if you're gonna talk up that the rail is way more rigid, new and improved, then why are you showcasing it with an old rails that was meant for what the new one is supposed to do? That gives the impression that an aftermarket rail design from nearly a year ago is better than what is new. That doesn't really attract more customers.
If it’s because they want more picatinny rail length which the new rail does not offer and the raise cheek area as well. Could have absolutely nothing to do with rigidity.

If it’s because they want more picatinny rail length which the new rail does not offer and the raise cheek area as well. Could have absolutely nothing to do with rigidity.
The new rail is longer... it may not be as long as the backbone, but it is longer. The m3 has 15 pic slots while the m4 has 21.. and it's adjustable.

Okay, but it's an ad for a new gun showcasing with aftermarket parts would still make it look like it's missing something, even if it's not.

Most impact owners know of the aftermarket options, anyone new to fx could think the backbone rail is part of the new gun design just from looking at the ads. At the very least it would make them questions why that rail is on top if the new design is better.

Last edited:
Agree 100%. Utah said they added it only because they needed more mounting space for night vision or something like that. They stated that in the industry news thread here on AGN. They should have pointed that out in the video on YouTube. Poor marketing in my opinion on their part because it comes across just as you said negating the stiffer backbone of the m4 if they come out right away with aftermarket parts and don’t point out why right away in the video.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
I've now sold my bronze M3 to a friend locally. I wanted the money up front to put towards the m4 but he didnt have it all so I've agreed to let him pay it up.... honestly I was scared of trying to do some online deal and getting robbed or whatever. The new ones costing 2200 so it would have been better to sell the m3 outright but it just seems stupidly risky to try and sell it via classified ads online lol

But one gun down so I'm happy enough with that, I've lost 700 euros upgrading. (and had to accept im only getting the money over 5 months)