New-ish member from Northern AZ

My wife and I would like to give a HUGE thank you to the Airgunners of Arizona club! Especially Franklink, Arzrover, and Steve123... I am sorry I do not know the others usernames on here.

We attended the Mormon Lake shoot this past weekend, and were completely overwhelmed with everyone's kindness and generosity!
Franklink, Arzrover, and Steve123, all let me try more rifles than I can count. I tried a silhouette shoot Friday night, and was able to try the field target match Saturday. My wife tried some silhouette as well.
I am hooked and look forward to getting set up with some equipment soon :) More decisions now that I have handled some rifles and equipment.

We had so much fun meeting everyone and I learned more in a weekend with hands on than I could've ever picked up from only reading.

My wife has already mentioned returning for the October match, and we are hoping to become regulars eventually.

Thanks again to everyone for an awesome weekend, hope to see you all again soon!!!

Hey there R&R. We enjoyed meeting you and your wife a lot. Nice people and we hope to see more of you both. Hope you had lots of fun last weekend! I think your wife likes FT rifles more than she thought she would.

I venture to say that you might have left us with a bit of "information overload" after shooting all those different airguns, as well as Bobby and Cole telling you about each specific attribute and power level concerning them. Those guys know a thing or two about airguns and hitting 1/5th scale chickens at 80 yards with 20 fpe guns!

On Sunday my friend Gary and I shot in the pit out to 240 yards using slugs. At 240Y I put a sub 3" five shot group on a rock face using my AGT Vulcan 3 in 25 cal.
Gary put a 22 cal slug perfectly into a spot on a steel we were shooting on at 222Y with my Thomas HPX. It's crazy what one can do with airguns and slugs! The V3 is at 99fpe and the HPX is at 65fpe.
You're welcome to try these guns in the pit in October also.

Reactions: Franklink
Hello everyone! I joined this wonderful site about a year ago and read here often. Decided to introduce myself and make my first post!

I am retired, living in Northern Arizona, and very much looking forward to starting down the air gun path. I have enjoyed hunting and competing with rifles and pistols for over 40 years, but other than a bb gun as a child, have never owned an air gun. I no longer hunt, but I am still active in USPSA, reloading, and shooting long range rifle for fun.

I have 15 yards in my basement, 60 yards in my backyard, 300 at my local range, and some steel out to a mile in the national forest. Lots of options.

I have been researching and learning ever day here, there is so much to learn! Some things cross over from firearms, but much does not.

I am looking at .177 and/or .22 PCP rifles, to shoot inside when it is snowing, and outside the rest of the year. I would like to be able to get out to maybe 60 to 100 yards, as I have firearms for longer range.

Most appealing is the ability to shoot at home when I do not feel like packing up and going to the range.

I have seen some of the matches at RIo Salado down in Phoenix. That also is very intriguing! Maybe Field Target or PRS down the road...

The Daystate Deltawolf has been the top contender so far. Not a beginners gun, but I am not afraid to experiment and learn as I go. I have not decided on air tanks and a compressor.
Must decide on caliber, the idea of easily swapping barrels is nice though.

Not decided on anything yet actually, but excited to jump in soon and start a new addiction!

Anyway thanks for the great forum!
-RR
A belated Welcome to the best AGN .