New Kral Puncher Breaker Refuses Air

My first PCP (Kral Puncher Breaker Silent) arrived 2 days ago from Pyramid Air. I asked their chat person Mathew if it was a refurbished or returned item before completing the order. Mathew said new. The Date of mfg is 03 2021. But....New it is!

My Vevor Hand Pump arrived today. I'm 200 pumps into the first fill and neither the pump nor the guns gauge has budged off the black (empty) indicator. I'm not detecting any leakage with my non pumping hand.

I'm pretty sure this isnt normal but any confirmation you can offer would be appreciated. I've exhausted my patience searching here and youtube.

So persevere with the pumping or wise up and repack the vevor?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Did your pump come with a dead head? Test to rule that out first. If that builds pressure, cock rifle before a from empty fill. Add couple drops of pure silicone oil to fill probe too. Might have to give pump a few quick ones to seat valve. Hopefully you don’t need a bottle or compressor for your first fill.(anyone with a tank nearby?)

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
If the hammer spring has alot of preload on it, it can push the valve open. Cock the gun and see if it fills. I have only had a couple guns that would not seal the valve tight enough to hand pump from zero. I would fill a small paintball tank with a high regulator pressure setting and hook it up. A fast blast of air from the paintball tank would be enough to seal it and then I could finish pumping.

Sadly, all those nearby remain unknown to me. The fire dept wants nothing to do with air rifle top offs.

Does dead head refer to Jerrys Boys or a blanking plug? Either way,...Not that I can recognize as such and no mention in the laughable "manual"

I did cock the gun and test the trigger a couple of times before beginning the pump procedure. I cannot detect either audibly or tactilely air leakage.

I'll run out for some silicone oil and give your suggestion a try.

Gauge, Probe or Inlet Valve Seal Issue? Replace all three or return the Kral....hmmmm

KralLeak.jpg
Probe...lem.jpg

Last edited:
Spray some soapy water on there while the probe is in and you start filling with air. The bubbles will form where the air is escaping.

I had a Kral show up from Krale where the valve poppet would not seal even after I burnished it with lapping compound. It really need a blast of air from a tank to seal it. I eventually got it to seal on an empty tank and could be pumped up from zero.

Last edited:
Thanks Joedirt199. I'll give that a try as soon as replace the probes oring I damaged while trying to remove it with my fingernail. I was too scared to use metal picks and hooks. I think I need to find my non metal (plastic) dental tool set If I ever want to "reuse" an oring.

I have found a scuba tank and someone willing to fill it....but I dont know what adaptor I will need for transferring air to this Kral. Anyone have a recommendation?

Something like this maybe?

51Lg6Chx76L._AC_UL320_.jpg

Last edited:
Comments from anyone with experience are certainly going to be appreciated.

Pyramyd Air has an Air Venturi Wingman carbon tank with fill kit available that I think may work. Their words :

"If you plan on filling your high-pressure carbon fiber tank at a paintball shop, you will need to fill through the hose on the charging station with the Air Venturi Double Male Quick-Disconnect Coupling AV-00046 [PY-A-5202].

To fill at a firehouse, you will need to fill through the hose on the charging station with the Air Venturi Firehouse Adapter, Male SCBA Fitting With Male Quick-Disconnect For Adapting To Firehouse Fill Stations AV-00048M [PY-A-5750]."

PY-A-5905_Air-Venturi-Carbon-Fiber_1646083586.jpg

Last edited:
Because I'm not fond of dead-end threads, Here is an update.

The Kral is back at PyramydAir as of today. They have been very easy to deal with and I have no reticence about making another order with them, as soon as my refund is complete. The port in the photo is for the filler probe. In the middle of the port is the filler valve. Torn bits of the original yellow factory fitted o-rings are visible below the black o-rings I replaced the damaged originals with. There must be a sharp edge on the valves sealing edge; sharp enough to shave a flat spot from the o-rings sealing edge. These shards prevent the valve from closing. My theory anyway.

I'm not sure what will "now" be my 1st PCP, but I love the FX engineering and designs. I am leaning toward something from their line.up. The AirVenturi Avenger is probably a good "get acquainted with the whole PCP thing" option based on MSRP and seems to have a good rep too. Stay Tuned. This will be resolved soon.

intake port tearing oring.jpg

Because I'm not fond of dead-end threads, Here is an update.

The Kral is back at PyramydAir as of today. They have been very easy to deal with and I have no reticence about making another order with them, as soon as my refund is complete. The port in the photo is for the filler probe. In the middle of the port is the filler valve. Torn bits of the original yellow factory fitted o-rings are visible below the black o-rings I replaced the damaged originals with. There must be a sharp edge on the valves sealing edge; sharp enough to shave a flat spot from the o-rings sealing edge. These shards prevent the valve from closing. My theory anyway.

I'm not sure what will "now" be my 1st PCP, but I love the FX engineering and designs. I am leaning toward something from their line.up. The AirVenturi Avenger is probably a good "get acquainted with the whole PCP thing" option based on MSRP and seems to have a good rep too. Stay Tuned. This will be resolved soon.

View attachment 346658
Fresh , Hello, My Kral NP03 in .22 would not take air when it arrived from NEAG's . I did all the tricks that I could w/ a compressor & hand pump. AND shaving burrs at the fill port . Called John at NEAG's ,and after several walk thru's we decided to remove the air tube and send it to him. Upon inspection he found an o-ring folded in the valve . He had a new valve on hand , so he just replaced the valve , filled the tube and returned it . BTW , the gun was a factory direct order so it was shipped minus air. At the first air up after sight in & pellet testing I found the new black o-rings from PA would not seal the probe either ! I tried my Hatsan FlashPup probe (w/ original o-rings from 2018 ) & my Evanex probe . BOTH worked ! I did what I'm known to do when something does not work as it should , I salvaged the black o-rings 7 dropped the probe in the trash can by me bench . Then I called Airgun Pro Shop & ordered an Evanex probe ( best priced). I now have 3 probes that I can use & have had 0 problems w/ my gun, which I love btw . I do keep a small amount of silicone grease on all my probes & store them in a small zip lock bag w/ the appropriate gun .