FX New member and new PCP owner

Hi all,
I recently bought an FX Dynamic Express .30 (600mm) and I am excited to see what I can do with it. I have been shooting 22LR for years but decided I wanted to try airgunning since the technology has come so far. Being an newbie to PCP air rifles, I have a question:

Do I need to do anything to maintain the rubber breech seal. It looks like a high wear item so I am wondering if I should put silicon oil or ballistol on it periodically.

Kudos to FX for making such a great product. I am honestly thrilled with it after the 120 or so slugs I have shot out of it already. The only things I would have changed so far is to have it ship with two magazines and a baggie of extra seals (like every other manufacturer does) but now I'm just nitpicking.

Thank you all and glad to be here.

Hi all,
I recently bought an FX Dynamic Express .30 (600mm) and I am excited to see what I can do with it. I have been shooting 22LR for years but decided I wanted to try airgunning since the technology has come so far. Being an newbie to PCP air rifles, I have a question:

Do I need to do anything to maintain the rubber breech seal. It looks like a high wear item so I am wondering if I should put silicon oil or ballistol on it periodically.

Kudos to FX for making such a great product. I am honestly thrilled with it after the 120 or so slugs I have shot out of it already. The only things I would have changed so far is to have it ship with two magazines and a baggie of extra seals (like every other manufacturer does) but now I'm just nitpicking.

Congrats on your purchase. You are well on your ay to owning multiple air guns in the near future. A wonderful hobby and for me a lot more fun than 55 years of powder burners. In your breach seal plumbers silicon lube every so often will keep seal in good condition. Don’t over do it a little goes a long way. Have fun

Reactions: Gerry52
Hi all,
I recently bought an FX Dynamic Express .30..

@Amwolf Welcome to AGN. For breech o-rings and most other o-rings it is good to coat them with 100% pure silicone oil or silicone grease. It’s a good idea to keep a few spare breech o-rings. Although I haven’t seen any of mine in various guns wear out easily. I’ve had to change more because I blew them out by not closing the bolt completely and pressing the trigger to shoot. You should be able to find the o-ring sizes for your gun in an exploded diagram or a corresponding parts list provided by the manufacturer either in you owner’s manual or online.

I like using these

Last edited:
It is not an emergency, I bought my first PCP in 2020 and have not replaced a breach seal yet. But I have needed a few other O-rings. I would do as others have suggested and stock up before they fail (so when they do it isn't a big deal). I've purchased O-rings multiple places but my favorite at this time is McMaster Carr. They gave me overnight delivery on my last order for no extra charge and they show the O-rings OD as well as ID and thickness. Most only show the ID and thickness. Several times I have ordered the wrong size. It is HUGELY easier to measure the OD. I know how to do the conversion but my other excuse is the extremely wide range of O-ring sizes so you have to look at a lot of data to find what you need.

If you find somebody offering a set of O-rings for your gun I would seriously consider it. Some you may never need and you may want extras of some but it would be a good insurance set to have on hand.