• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New member from NC

Hello Gunners!

I just joined the Nation and wanted to say hello from NC. I recently acquired an Artemis P15 and noticed a potential problem with the manometer. It appears that the pressure indicator is not properly centered on the needle. When I began airing up the rifle I noticed an indentation on the paper, where the needle was resting on zero during transport. I didn't think much of it at first, but the more air I put into the gun the more noticeable it is that its misaligned. So here are a couple of questions.

Can the manometer be removed from the air cylinder, taken apart and the problem corrected?

Can a replacement manometer be ordered and installed? Any suggestions on suppliers?

Can I use the pressure gage on my pump to determine correct pressure in the cylinder?

I appreciate any feedback you can offer.

Thanks 4nash

1591387235_2023041305edaa46362a758.01156259.jpeg
1591387263_5878572445edaa47fc80829.67657401.jpeg
1591387206_4920798325edaa4467df448.10317561.jpeg

1591387175_8455444145edaa4278bb632.80856576.jpeg

Here are some photos of my manometer issue. Hope this helps 

Yeah, like he said! LOL Seriously though, welcome aboard! There are a plethora of great people on this forum and some very knowledgeable, gun makers, gunsmiths, competitive shooters, hunters, plinkers and everything in between that can help out with almost any problem you come across or any question you may have! This is "the best" air gun site on the world wide web! Welcome! Stoti

I usually never look at my gauge on the gun but look at a bigger, more accurate gauge on the tank if you have one. I use to have a mrod and I removed the gauge. I have a .177 verminator that I had the gauge removed. To keep track of my shot count, I count out how many pellet until I loose accuracy and carry the pellets in my pocket

Welcome to the forum and on the manometer I dropped one once and that is what it looked like afterwards. It was off by twenty bar. If it is close to accurate it just does not matter if not as others have said contact the vendor or manufacturer and get another one. As has been said these cheap little manometers cannot be relied on use the big ones on the compressor or air tank you are charging with. I make a mental note when filling as to how accurate the little gauges on the guns are and use that info from then on. About half of my gauges have been from 20 to 40bar off.

Welcome to the forum. I'm from NC as well. Big town of Burgaw.

I have two guns that don't even have a monometer. I just fill using my SCBA gauge. I look at it as just one less place to leak air ;-)

I fill my Logun Solo to 2600 psi on SCBA gauge. After 35 shots I know she needs air again. Same process with my Thomas but lots more shots per fill.

Fuss

Hello Gunners!

I just joined the Nation and wanted to say hello from NC. I recently acquired an Artemis P15 and noticed a potential problem with the manometer. It appears that the pressure indicator is not properly centered on the needle. When I began airing up the rifle I noticed an indentation on the paper, where the needle was resting on zero during transport. I didn't think much of it at first, but the more air I put into the gun the more noticeable it is that its misaligned. So here are a couple of questions.

Can the manometer be removed from the air cylinder, taken apart and the problem corrected?

Can a replacement manometer be ordered and installed? Any suggestions on suppliers?

Can I use the pressure gage on my pump to determine correct pressure in the cylinder?

I appreciate any feedback you can offer.

Thanks 4nash

Welcome to the family 4nash and it's great having you here. I'm very sure you'll find all of the answers to the questions that you may have concerning your new found addiction.

Shoot straight and only once,

Simplyhooked 

Brother Fussell,

It's great hearing from you, I do miss the family and slinging lead in the woods. It's been pretty rough for the last few years but I'm still slinging lead in all but a few calibers. As time progresses, we'll have to get together for old times sake and punch some holes in some paper. The family doing fine and I'm still taking care of my mother and disabled wife plus I'm retired as of June 1, 2020.

Shoot straight and only once,

Fleming

Thanks my people, it's great knowing that I've got more time to enjoy my passion, pcps, pcps, pcps and did I say pcps? It sounds as though it's a drug, oooooopppps, it is and only another one is a temporary fix and I'm done until the next time. That rifle was a winner shooting CP 7.9s but I switched up at the match that day which was a disaster and you know that I knew better, I've had that rifle for well over 30 years. 

Ps..…..it only holds 2000 psi and that it's normal fill pressure for 30 plus shots before there's a shift in its point of impact.

Hopefully we will be able to meet at Chris's place soon but only time will tell;

shoot straight and only once,

Simplyhooked