New Member, Hello!

Glad to be here!

I got into airguns recently, partly as a hobby and partly for some occasional pest control. We have really aggressive rabbits around here and enough was enough!

I was previously a fan of old military firearms, but cost and time and places to shoot that were fun have gotten the best of me, so being able to shoot in the basement and occasionally in the backyard is keeping me happy.

I currently have the following rifles:
Diana 48 .177
Cometa Fenix 400 (.25 but swapped to .22)
Norica Storm .25
The newest addition, a Benjamin Fortitude .177

Once winter sets in here in Illinois, I am going to be attempting to make a new stick for the Fortitude with a Boyd's blank in nutmeg laminate. Stay tuned for that!

PXL_20240807_191055532~2.jpg

PXL_20240924_212714703.jpg

Glad to be here!

I got into airguns recently, partly as a hobby and partly for some occasional pest control. We have really aggressive rabbits around here and enough was enough!

I was previously a fan of old military firearms, but cost and time and places to shoot that were fun have gotten the best of me, so being able to shoot in the basement and occasionally in the backyard is keeping me happy.

I currently have the following rifles:
Diana 48 .177
Cometa Fenix 400 (.25 but swapped to .22)
Norica Storm .25
The newest addition, a Benjamin Fortitude .177

Once winter sets in here in Illinois, I am going to be attempting to make a new stick for the Fortitude with a Boyd's blank in nutmeg laminate. Stay tuned for that!

View attachment 499008

View attachment 499009
nice collection so far , I used to live in Oak Park IL. Welcome

Reactions: Bandito
Interesting project :unsure: Are you doing it with hand tools or do you have a cnc machine ?
Welcome.
I am going to use hand tools. I may cut some parts down to size with a saw, if I can, but otherwise it's going to be rasps, sanding, and Dremel work. Don't expect to see anything soon! The fun/ hard part is deciding what kind of stock to do. I am still going to go traditional, but add a higher cheek rest. I actually like the Cometa and Norica stocks for different reasons, so I might try to combine those in one.

Reactions: BABz58 and Bandito