New Member intro

I would encourage you to go to places like Pyramid and look the Model up and read the Reviews. They are not paid to embellish the products. Watching a few reviews would be handy as well, but keep in mind many are compensated for doing so. Good Luck!
Thank you brother... I appreciate this.^^^ I'll do just that.

Reactions: Chief Ten-Beers
So here's a quick question, there's 3 very good options in the same price range on that link: a Marauder Synth in .25, a Marauder Synth. w/LW barrel in .22, and a Cayden in .22, all 3 refurbs, all 3 are the same price. Currently all my break-barrels are .22 and I've wanted to go up (at some point I really want to move to big-bore PCP's) in hopes of shooting slugs for more consistency at longer ranges 100yds+, however I don't think any of these can shoot slugs?... So I'm leaning towards the two .22 options. I've read a lot of great things about the Cayden and of course the Marauder too, so I guess I'm wondering if any of those stand out to you guys and if so which one/ones? Also, is the LW barrel worth the extra money or is it just marketing bs?
the LW barrel !

Reactions: Chief Ten-Beers
Welcome to the sport! I am new to this side of shooting as well, and I dove pretty hard into it! I have 6 guns already and have absolutely fallen in love with them! I mean, don't get me wrong, it's not the same as a high powered rifle, which I quite enjoy - being able to stand on my back deck and plink with my wife, without anyone hearing us or caring about what we are doing, is hands-down the best thing about this hobby for me. It all started with a squirrel problem, and now I have an air rifle problem, lol!!

I hope you are enjoying it as much as I have been!

Welcome to the sport! I am new to this side of shooting as well, and I dove pretty hard into it! I have 6 guns already and have absolutely fallen in love with them! I mean, don't get me wrong, it's not the same as a high powered rifle, which I quite enjoy - being able to stand on my back deck and plink with my wife, without anyone hearing us or caring about what we are doing, is hands-down the best thing about this hobby for me. It all started with a squirrel problem, and now I have an air rifle problem, lol!!

Sounds like a good problem to have!

Hmmm? never considered Air Guns a problem .
Stan in KY.

Welcome to AGN Wetwork
Also have a look at the Notos and the Avenge x fpr entry level pcps
if you look on youtube, there are some tuning guides to help you along if you mess up
A lot of people see the pros using slugs with a high degree of accuracy ..this is NOT simple
they have done hours of testing of speeds,weights and diameters to get to that point
can be very rewarding, or a huge headache
just my opinion
With barrels, LW barrels are good barrels, but a barrel is like a fingerprint..all are different and most require a little refinement(polishing)
i really can't determine if it is worth the money since i have not seen a side by side comparison
it's a little frustrating since there isn't a definitive answer.
you might get an OK- bad -excellent Lothar Walther barrel ..could get a great OEM barrel
If you are planning on upgrading to another Rifle, i would save the money to use towards your future purchase.
then in time, if you are still shooting the first rifle...then maybe go for another barrel

Side note...that's one evil smile on Solo Leveling
Mike