New Member Looking for first PCP

I agree with others on the avenger. You can tune it to your liking up or way down in 22. They have seal and part kits readily available for it and they aren’t that complicated. The jts guns are also a solid choice and they back them right in Texas for 3 years. I have an Airacuda max in 22 and that gun is a flat out winner. Just my opinion but the marauder platform, while not bad by any means is just outdated for the price they fetch in todays market. You upgrade it to an AR designs p-rod and you will have a 💩 load of dough into it for what it is. Enough you could have something else way nicer.
I haven't heard of JTS before. Thanks.

Reactions: Firewalker
I haven't heard of JTS before. Thanks.

$419, .22 and .25. Worth every penny. I have the .22.

PY-5547_JTS-Airacuda-Max-PCP_1666815363[1].jpg

$419, .22 and .25. Worth every penny. I have the .22.

View attachment 370119
The appeal of the Prod or Notos to me was the short OAL and lighter weight.

This would be quite a bit longer especially after adding a moderator.

I didn't like that the Notos moderator was not removable.

Oh well, I have some time since I didn't jump on the Notos deal to figure things out. That and I can watch the classifieds for a deal.

Out of curiosity, Is yours particular on pellet weight?
Mine isn’t. It shoots jsb and jts 18 gr great. Turn it down a touch and it even loves the cheap crosman 14.3 gr pellets. The avenger is the same way. The 22 cal China barrels are super accurate with a wide variety of ammo.

Reactions: Jaybird80
I'm not sure what up fitted refers to.

And that is somewhat how I picture having one setup.
Everything I added to make it a carbine plus the regulator. AR stock (the one that comes with it is a piece of crap), forearm with picatinny rail, and the silencer. I also put new grips on it too. After seeing these custom stocks people are posting, I'm liking it even more. It is a very sweet shooter, it will stack the pellets out to 32 yards and extremely quiet. I'm getting 32 shots at 12 fpe before it falls off the regulator.

There are so many to choose from. It probably depends on your needs. Backyard plinking, distance, small birds to bigger predators. Shooting from a bench or walking the woods. I had a cheaper Hatsan .25 and walked the woods. Was heavy and took some work to get it to shoot accurate. With the newer FX Barrels, slugs have been very popular. I have been hunting Nutria and the .25 did it's job if I had a head shot. Just got a FX Wildcat Value Price in .30. Very accurate and deadly. Pick what works for your style. About a 1,000 options out there. Good luck.

The appeal of the Prod or Notos to me was the short OAL and lighter weight.

This would be quite a bit longer especially after adding a moderator.

I didn't like that the Notos moderator was not removable.

Oh well, I have some time since I didn't jump on the Notos deal to figure things out. That and I can watch the classifieds for a deal.

Oh, but it is removable...

You just need a lathe.

IMG_20240203_135359_01.jpg