Hi All!

New member here from Southern California. Growing up I used to shoot a lot with my dad in the garage with a Crosman drifter. Now I feel like I want to get back into it and hopefully join 10m pistol competitions, but doing a quick google search I may have trouble with that latter part being in California. Hope I'm wrong about that and hope to lean on the community to learn about this great sport

Welcome, why do you feel that the 'wonderful' state of Kalifornia would be a hindrance to airgun competition? Air guns aren't the dreaded 'weapons of war' so we can pretty much do as we wish with them, even in this %$#hole state.
just a quick google search i didnt find any clubs or competitions around my area but I could be wrong, I've just begun researching

Also from SoCal, I can say that you can shoot indoors, but unless you live on a few acres, don't shoot outdoors !
When I got into this new hobby a couple of years back, I stopped by the local police station and asked about back yard shooting. The guy smiled, walked to his computer, printed a couple of pages of why...I can't shoot outdoors ! Nice guy, we talked a bit, but he said no. I asked about if I lived on a large plot of land (I don't). He said, while still not legal, if no one hears you...are you doing it ?

Best of luck in your 10m hunt.

Mike

Also from SoCal, I can say that you can shoot indoors, but unless you live on a few acres, don't shoot outdoors !
When I got into this new hobby a couple of years back, I stopped by the local police station and asked about back yard shooting. The guy smiled, walked to his computer, printed a couple of pages of why...I can't shoot outdoors ! Nice guy, we talked a bit, but he said no. I asked about if I lived on a large plot of land (I don't). He said, while still not legal, if no one hears you...are you doing it ?

Best of luck in your 10m hunt.

Mike
Silence is golden in the 'golden' state. What they can't hear or see doesn't exist.

Cali are actually the only state i visited, and it was just a 6 hour layover waiting for the plane to Copenhagen, and on home to sane Denmark from there.
But i did get out of LAX

From where i sit Cali seem to be a plenty loud state on its own, and that's without firearms.
As you can deduct from my writing above, i feel exactly the same about the Danish capitol.
So as i am a very chill and laid back kind of guy, if i was to be able to execute my dream grand American walkabout, and even if this are several months, probably 6.
Well i have no immediate plans to visit California again, though as always my plans are open for change, especially if a internet friend is living there and ask me to swing by and say hello.
Las Vegas,,,, i probably pass on too, i have developed a severe dislike for light pollution. And that town i think are brighter at night, than most days in Denmark is during the day in the Danish winter.

i have always wondered " Elsinore " if that is something Danish immigrants came up with to remember the town of Helsingør north of Copenhagen.
It is where the castle is mentioned in Shakespeares Hamlet lie ( there is something rotten in the state of Denmark )

iu

Maybe its a Solvang 2.0 or something, you never know with those damn Danes.

But yeah Cali, gotta get up in those hills,