Umarex New Notos coming in!

I’ve ordered a Notos and since I only shoot between 10 and 25 yards I would like to set the fps to about 600. Before I put the stock on I would like to adjust it slower. And help as how many turns it might take as I’ll be shooting 15.89 gr pellets. Thanks for your help. Charles

If you don't have a basic chronograph I cannot emphasize enough how great they are to have on hand, even the cheap chinese ones that are 15-20$ on amazon or aliexpress.

Hopefully someone gives you a good regulator set point + hammer setting for such a tune, but, equipping yourself with a chronograph will give you the powah!

-Matt

Reactions: PEP3 and sekiar
I’ve ordered a Notos and since I only shoot between 10 and 25 yards I would like to set the fps to about 600. Before I put the stock on I would like to adjust it slower. And help as how many turns it might take as I’ll be shooting 15.89 gr pellets. Thanks for your help. Charles

My humble opinion is to shoot 18.1gr pellets, turn the hammer screw all the way back and enjoy.

Reducing the speed to 600fps will involve taking the gun apart and adjusting the regulator then chasing the knee.

If you don't have a basic chronograph I cannot emphasize enough how great they are to have on hand, even the cheap chinese ones that are 15-20$ on amazon or aliexpress.

Hopefully someone gives you a good regulator set point + hammer setting for such a tune, but, equipping yourself with a chronograph will give you the powah!

-Matt
I do have A Garmin crony, and will probably have to use it, however I was just wondering about a staring point. Some times I just get lazy😇 and miss the easy way. Thanks. Charles

Reactions: Stubbers
I just picked up a Notos! Gotta say this little thing is fun as hell. I got it specifically for back yard (max distance in my back yard is 25 yards) shooting and it is quiet, accurate, pretty awesome little thing. Was shooting (stock no tune) 14.35 grain @ average 757.5 fps. and it was shooting awesome, dime size at 25 yards. I saw a vid by Ted Holdover and he tested like 30 different pellets and slugs and best performing overall was the NSA .217 23gn slug which I also got and they are one hole groups at 25yds and consistent as hell...under 1.3 fps deviation!! For my purposes (strictly backyard) it's more than enough.

.217 gn chrono Notos.png

Reactions: sekiar