New Pistol & New Scope

Mine has a PROD/1720T tube, a 1720T breech, a 1701P barrel, and a PROD/1720T shroud.

25 yards is nothing for this pistol, albeit mine is in carbine form.

Mine favors 8.44 gr. AAs/JSBs (pellet on pellet depending on my condition).

I don't have lighter ones but the 10.34 AAs/JSBs do quite well too.

Oh, I built it, so it has a .038" MAP hammer spring and a red TP, the smallest.

I have had mine for a couple months and love it. @rcarlisle , mine is set up like yours and I find it seems to like the 8,44s best as well. I’m shooting up to 50 Ft all indoors with the exception of one unlucky starling at 30 Ft out my back door.
Nice! I wish I could scare up that much room indoors for shooting during the winter. Guess I'll be making another order for some 8.44s.

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Mine has a PROD/1720T tube, a 1720T breech, a 1701P barrel, and a PROD/1720T shroud.

This was another thing I liked about these. If I ever get bored with it, I have a platform that can gracefully and safely be altered into something else.

Very nice Thomas. I purchased one in the classifieds last October. Very impressed.
I did put a stock on it and was stunned by the accuracy. I quickly realized that it was in danger of being transformed into a 1720, so I bought one of those too.
Here they are dressed in walnut.

I had the LPA sight on it, but now it’s wearing a little Hawke red dot.
Mine will never see anything but wad cutters. The 1720 shoots em too fast, but loves 7.33 and 7.87 domes.

C3784364-621A-49E2-A345-A58ECE2763C2.jpeg

Hello @DARKHORSE1967

Well it sounds like the 8.44gr domed pellet works in all of the Crosman pistols. I have both 8.44 and 10.34 so will give them a workout today. Thanks for sharing your info.

ThomasT

Very nice Thomas. I purchased one in the classifieds last October. Very impressed.
I did put a stock on it and was stunned by the accuracy. I quickly realized that it was in danger of being transformed into a 1720, so I bought one of those too.
Here they are dressed in walnut.

I had the LPA sight on it, but now it’s wearing a little Hawke red dot.
Mine will never see anything but wad cutters. The 1720 shoots em too fast, but loves 7.33 and 7.87 domes.

View attachment 323579
Hello @Struckat

You have two nice looking pistols, I like the wood grips and fore end.

Like you I love to shoot Wadcutter pellets but I limit the distance to 10-meters. Any target over 10-meters I will use various domed pellets. In my Bandit and the PP800R I have used the JSB 8.44 and the 10.34 and found that the H&N Baracuda Hunter Extreme 9.57gr shoot really well.

ThomasT

I shoot mine almost every day. (Unless out of town for work) I just put a bug buster scope on this weekend. And ordered some Vernon Austin target grips last night. For the gun is worthy of some nice hardware. Now with LOTS MORE PRACTICE maybe I’ll be able to get a one hole group.
Hello @Nvr-Enough

Shooting is what it is all about and the more practice we get the more fun we have. I am attaching a pdf file for a target I designed to shoot at from 10-feet, 10-meters and out to 50 yards. Print these out on 8-1/2 x 11 standard size paper.

ThomasT

View attachment General Target-1.pdf

Hello everyone

Shot a lot of paper targets inside my shop today using my Crosman 1701P Silhouette. Did not use any Wadcutter pellets today but switched to JSB Exact 8.44gr domed and I was “shucking-n-jiving”😊. Shot some 10-meter targets at 15-feet and could not miss, so I switched to a target ( Texas Crazy 32 ) that I designed to be difficult. Very small Bulls-Eyes, various orientation on the 32 10-Rings causing multiple set ups for each shot and a total of 32 10-Rings to test endurance. I have shot this target hundreds of times with my rifles and my best score was 310 out of a possible 320. Today I shot a 309, only missing 8 Bulls-Eyes with a Pistol 😇 . The blue circles show the Bulls that I missed. Fellows this is just too much fun, love shooting Pistols 😁😅😂🤣.

ThomasT
Crosman 1701P Silhouette.6.3.1.jpg

Hello everyone

Shot a lot of paper targets inside my shop today using my Crosman 1701P Silhouette. Did not use any Wadcutter pellets today but switched to JSB Exact 8.44gr domed and I was “shucking-n-jiving”😊. Shot some 10-meter targets at 15-feet and could not miss, so I switched to a target ( Texas Crazy 32 ) that I designed to be difficult. Very small Bulls-Eyes, various orientation on the 32 10-Rings causing multiple set ups for each shot and a total of 32 10-Rings to test endurance. I have shot this target hundreds of times with my rifles and my best score was 310 out of a possible 320. Today I shot a 309, only missing 8 Bulls-Eyes with a Pistol 😇 . The blue circles show the Bulls that I missed. Fellows this is just too much fun, love shooting Pistols 😁😅😂🤣.

ThomasT
View attachment 323731
can you post a link to print target please ? Thanks Stan

Reactions: ThomasT
Oh my goodness Thomas, are you shooting off hand?
Hello @Struckat

Oh heck no, that is benchrest shooting. Here is a photo of my set up. I'm so old and shaky that I could not hit the sky freehand.

ThomasT
Crosman 1701P Silhouette.10.1.jpg

Last edited:
Nice shooting @ThomasT ! I grabbed a copy of the target too (thanks)! Work kept me away from shooting today but I did order some very nice wood grips as a reward for not calling in sick and shooting instead.
Hello @rcarlisle

Hope you enjoy the target and ad a photo of the new grips when you get them installed.

ThomasT

Hello everyone,

Not the perfect day to shoot outdoors, heavy fog and a fine mist and water dripping off my target frame. I just had to set up the 10-meter and the 25-yard targets and see what the Crosman 1701P Silhouette could shoot.
On target number one, shot this at 10-meters using H&N Sport 8.18gr Wadcutter pellets and scored a 299 out of a possible 320. There is no question that in better conditions I can better this score. Sorry for all the ragged holes, the staples had come loose holding the outside layer of backing cardboard and allowed slack in the paper target.

Next I set up a paper target at 25-yards and shot 10 rounds of H&N Finale Match Heavy 8.18gr pellets and placed all 10 rounds into one hole that measures .605mm.

I’m telling you, this little Pistol just amazes the heck out of me.

ThomasT

Crosman 1701P Silhouette.6.4.jpg
Crosman 1701P Silhouette.6.5.jpg