New Pistol & New Scope

Hello everyone,

Not the perfect day to shoot outdoors, heavy fog and a fine mist and water dripping off my target frame. I just had to set up the 10-meter and the 25-yard targets and see what the Crosman 1701P Silhouette could shoot.
On target number one, shot this at 10-meters using H&N Sport 8.18gr Wadcutter pellets and scored a 299 out of a possible 320. There is no question that in better conditions I can better this score. Sorry for all the ragged holes, the staples had come loose holding the outside layer of backing cardboard and allowed slack in the paper target.

Next I set up a paper target at 25-yards and shot 10 rounds of H&N Finale Match Heavy 8.18gr pellets and placed all 10 rounds into one hole that measures .605mm.

I’m telling you, this little Pistol just amazes the heck out of me.

ThomasT

View attachment 324083
Wow (y)

Fantastic shooting!

Reactions: ThomasT
Most of my 10m is off hand with peeps on my HW30. My plan is to practice up with the 1701, for 10m off hand, which in turn help me targeting chippy.

I have been using the H&N Excite wad cutters (not the plinkers) and find they shoot really well for being inexpensive. The plinkers are as bad asthe Crosman wad cutters.

I did come to the realization that I can’t see squat anymore and put a reddot on mine.

We will see how that goes.
I just bought a Prod to go with the 1701 and 1720.
Garden defense, day and night. Woohahahaaaa…

Most of my 10m is off hand with peeps on my HW30. My plan is to practice up with the 1701, for 10m off hand, which in turn help me targeting chippy.

I have been using the H&N Excite wad cutters (not the plinkers) and find they shoot really well for being inexpensive. The plinkers are as bad asthe Crosman wad cutters.

I did come to the realization that I can’t see squat anymore and put a reddot on mine.

We will see how that goes.
I just bought a Prod to go with the 1701 and 1720.
Garden defense, day and night. Woohahahaaaa…
Hello @Struckat

I have a Red Dot that I use from time to time on my Bandit and Chaser and find it to very accurate. I have a Laser mounted on the Chaser and will use it with the Red Dot for night shooting. I will use Green on the Red Dot and the Laser is just Red, and get them aligned / zeroed together, very accurate out to 25 yards.

ThomasT