• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New RAW TM1000x - first range outing

OK, I finally got myself in gear and the weather was cooperating. We've been having a lot of rain and high winds this past week. This is my first time out with my new RAW HM1000x chassis in .177 caliber. I seemed to be pulling my shots to the lower right for some reason. The buttstock on this chassis is not the easiest to find a solid place. These were at 100 yards using JSB 13.4 gr KO slugs at 1010 fps. Modeerator used was a DonnyFL/FX and was quite effective. All settings are as Martin made them.

View attachment 474584View attachment 474585
Really nice groups, especially for a .177
Must have been a happy range session, it would have put a smile on my face
Nice shooting!

Paul

Pretty good groups at 100 yards, especially for a .177 and pretty light slugs. Actually a 45 and 43 for score shooting, so pretty solid for score as well.

Do you have a Poly barrel on that RAW or is it a cut rifle barrel? Mine was tuned by Martin for 13.4 JSB/FX trash can pellets. Primary distance is for 30 to 50Y paper target bench shooting. Not sure how it will do at 100y with those pellets.

Have the HST set at 813 - 818 FPS range currently with my new Impulse 2000 moderator.
Yes, poly bbl.

Reactions: ThomasT
Paul

I thought ( or heard ) that the RAWs don’t shoot slugs well from Poly barrels. I guess your 100y test results with the 13.4 KO’s dismiss that myth. I guess I was surprised.

Tom
I’ve never heard that. As a matter of fact, I would say that FX barrels are essentially polygonal the way the rifling is shaped. A lot of FX rifles do well in competition.