• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

New RAW TM1000x - first range outing

Thanks Joe.

I’m starting to get that ‘sinking feeling’ that I now have 4 1/2 tins of 16.2 g pellets that may prove to be worthless, based on some of the feedback coming in here from you and some others as well. Honestly, I did think they would be better, but I just ordered 3 tins each from PYA of both JSB 13.4g redesigned and also the FX/ JSB 13.4g

Since the RAW is currently shooting the 16.2g at 880 FPS, going to try loweringvelocity first with HST adjustment to see if I can get the 13.4 to group at 40y. I can lower the reg from the 145-150 BAR setting at a later point, but just want to try the 13.4g now.

Thanks Joe.

I’m starting to get that ‘sinking feeling’ that I now have 4 1/2 tins of 16.2 g pellets that may prove to be worthless, based on some of the feedback coming in here from you and some others as well. Honestly, I did think they would be better, but I just ordered 3 tins each from PYA of both JSB 13.4g redesigned and also the FX/ JSB 13.4g

Since the RAW is currently shooting the 16.2g at 880 FPS, going to try loweringvelocity first with HST adjustment to see if I can get the 13.4 to group at 40y. I can lower the reg from the 145-150 BAR setting at a later point, but just want to try the 13.4g now.
Yes you can lower velocity with just the hammer tension but it won’t be as economical on air as it could be, also, there is a possibility that you will get a small power increase the gun drops of reg.
You will need a pressure gauge fitted into the bottom of the block or better still a reg tester to set the reg pressure correctly

Something like this

7E9760F4-B09A-4600-AC63-BA3FF962597F.jpeg

Reactions: woogie_man
Just an update…

I sent the TM1000X .177 back to Martin to retune for the 13.4g JSB pellet. I gave the JSB 16.2g the good ole’ college try. No good for my extensive testing. Could not get acceptable RAW accuracy at 30 or 40y.

Looking forward to the new tune!

Tom

One additional request from the interested parties here on moderator selection.

What moderators have you used on your .177 TM1000 RAWs? A couple have said / intimated to use a moderator to improve accuracy. Which ones have you found to be good?

I have a 0DB .25 & .30 cal, but that would be too big presumably for a .177 ? Also have a .25 DF Sumo.

Got a chance to shoot a new RAW TM1000x .177 today at my local range.

Pretty windy, and my 50-100Y sight-in range was crowded.

RAW TM1000x .177 with Nutmeg brown laminate stock
Sightron 36X Fixed 2FP
No moderator
Pellet: JSB 16.2g
Velocity - varied, as I adjusted HST several times
Randolph Front mechanical rest
Rear Protektor bag
Distance: 30y and 40y

Very pleased with first outing. Shot about 175-200 pellets, and no recoil at all. My first .177 and the breech area is very generous for single load.

Velocity started out at 895-904 average FPS. Martin had great luck in Tn at 870 FPS at 55yards. A ragged hole group and now I need to find the right velocity for optimum accuracy. I may need to clean the barrel, as group #’s 4 and 5 opened up at 40Y at the end of my session.

I brought the gun to bed last night to sleep next to me, and I then was promptly shown the couch! 😊😊

Tom

Some pics of my setup.

View attachment 449351

View attachment 449352

View attachment 449353
Hello @tommyb

That is a beautiful stock and goes great with that RAW (y)

ThomasT

Tried the FX 13.4 'trash cans' at 50Y, light wind. First N50 card with this rifle. Would not even bother in any real wind.

Also got anew Impulse Air .22cal moderator.

Pellets flying at 850 FPS when I shot this card, but dialed it down to 810-815 FPS for 30 and 40Y challenge targets.

View attachment 472501

View attachment 472502
Hello @tommyb

That is one heck of a excellent shot card (y) (y) (y) , that RAW is doing a great job, and the Shooter not too shabby either :LOL:

PS: I like your shooting set up (y)

ThomasT

Reactions: tommyb
Hello @tommyb

That is one heck of a excellent shot card (y) (y) (y) , that RAW is doing a great job, and the Shooter not too shabby either :LOL:

PS: I like your shooting set up (y)

ThomasT

Thanks Thomas for the kind words.

The 13.4g is doing much better for me than the 16.2g, as others have experienced also. It will be interesting to see how it will do at 810-815 FPS for N50 cards. I think I got a lil’ lucky.

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Hi @tommyb
Love the rifle and it's beautiful stock! Shooting as beautiful as it looks!
I have never been good at adjusting the RAW's regulator since i do not have a proper gauge to use for adjusting. It was like a blind squirrel searching for a nut.
At one point, further down the road, you may want to switch it up again.
I asked Martin to make me a regulator with the desired setting to use when i go from heavy to light pellets ( Using 25.4g vs. 18.3g). I just need to adjust my hammer spring. Sure you can do this without adjusting the regulator, but it will not be as efficient/consistent
It's not a cheap option, but it was easier for me to do it this way.

I like the bag you use for your rear rest ...i am just waiting for my front rest to arrive so i know what height to get
Have fun at the range
Mike

• Love
I’m on the fence at the moment between the HM1000X in .22 set in an MPA chassis for BR, or trying out a Scout in .22.

Keith
I couldn't stand it any longer. I have an HM1000X Chassis in .177 caliber due on my porch on Monday. Martin tuned it for high power and I plan to use it to shoot 100 yd BR using slugs. JSB 13.4 gr KOs worked pretty well in my Crown, but I exptect better. I need to test some Zans as well and have some 16 and 20 gr. Martin said it shoots 13.4 at 1020 but easily tuned down if necessary. He set the reg at 135.

I couldn't stand it any longer. I have an HM1000X Chassis in .177 caliber due on my porch on Monday. Martin tuned it for high power and I plan to use it to shoot 100 yd BR using slugs. JSB 13.4 gr KOs worked pretty well in my Crown, but I exptect better. I need to test some Zans as well and have some 16 and 20 gr. Martin said it shoots 13.4 at 1020 but easily tuned down if necessary. He set the reg at 135.
Sounds Awesome
Should be a nice belated Father's day gift.. the wait can be agonizing
Hope to see some results at 100yrds on Tuesday

• Haha
Reactions: jps2486
Good luck with the new gun Paul!

Post some groups (and pics) at 100y when you break it in.

Reactions: jps2486
Hi @tommyb
Love the rifle and it's beautiful stock! Shooting as beautiful as it looks!
I have never been good at adjusting the RAW's regulator since i do not have a proper gauge to use for adjusting. It was like a blind squirrel searching for a nut.
At one point, further down the road, you may want to switch it up again.
I asked Martin to make me a regulator with the desired setting to use when i go from heavy to light pellets ( Using 25.4g vs. 18.3g). I just need to adjust my hammer spring. Sure you can do this without adjusting the regulator, but it will not be as efficient/consistent
It's not a cheap option, but it was easier for me to do it this way.

I like the bag you use for your rear rest ...i am just waiting for my front rest to arrive so i know what height to get
Have fun at the range
Mike
Thanks Mike.

The rear Protektor bag is great for my BR use. I use the "ears" on the rear of the bag to align my butt stock and try and do everything possible to start out straight and level.

I do need a smaller bag so I can get lower in my rear setup.

Future belated gift for Father's Day😊

Last edited:
Tom, congratulations! That is one gorgeous TMx! What a shooter too and not yet broken in yet. Wonderful pics and enjoy shooting it...and ,yes, if you put it in the bed with you, the couch it is....😂👍 BTW....some ,not all, have found that some RAW's can be more accurate with a moderator FYI.

Zack

Re. With or without moderator in reference to your last sentence.

Wanted to get back to you about using the Impulse Air 2000 .22 cal moderator vs. my initial testing without any moderator.

When Martin was recently testing my rifle with the 13.4g 845 FPS tune at 50y, he told me that my rifle shot much more accurately with his home made moderator vs. just shooting with barrel cap only. I actually did recently shoot with the Impulse Air moderator and it did shoot very well. Initially, I tested the 16.2g pellet with no moderator and my accuracy was mediocre at best.

So, your last sentence seems to be true for me also.

Tom

Reactions: Ranchibi
OK, I finally got myself in gear and the weather was cooperating. We've been having a lot of rain and high winds this past week. This is my first time out with my new RAW HM1000x chassis in .177 caliber. I seemed to be pulling my shots to the lower right for some reason. The buttstock on this chassis is not the easiest to find a solid place. These were at 100 yards using JSB 13.4 gr KO slugs at 1010 fps. Modeerator used was a DonnyFL/FX and was quite effective. All settings are as Martin made them.

100 yds.jpg
100 yd.jpg

Reactions: manabeknives
Paul

Pretty good groups at 100 yards, especially for a .177 and pretty light slugs. Actually a 45 and 43 for score shooting, so pretty solid for score as well.

Do you have a Poly barrel on that RAW or is it a cut rifle barrel? Mine was tuned by Martin for 13.4 JSB/FX trash can pellets. Primary distance is for 30 to 50Y paper target bench shooting. Not sure how it will do at 100y with those pellets.

Have the HST set at 813 - 818 FPS range currently with my new Impulse 2000 moderator.

• Love