Brocock/BRK New rifle came with 300cc bottle, not the advertised 480cc!

I just got my BRK Sniper XR Sahara in .22 cal. As I was shooting it, I noticed the bottle looked small for the advertised 480cc. Sue enough, on the bottle - 0.3L. My first thought was that I had messed up and it only came with a 300cc bottle, but low and behold, when I checked, it states right there on the store's web site - 480cc. The bottle on the web site's picture even looks longer relative to the end of the barrel, compared that the one I have on my rifle.

The store I bought it from is closed, so I will of course, ask them in the morning. This is a brand new rifle bought from a reputable dealer, so I'm sure there is some logical explanation.

It's just so weird! Did this rifle once come with a 300cc bottle and I just got sent and old copy? Shot count was one of the main reasons I went with this rifle!

Probably an accident somehow. I’d imagine that’s a pretty big difference not to notice though. I think the 300s come on the pathfinders and smaller ghost. Company will make things right I’m sure. No worries
My Pathfinder and Ghost Carbine both have 300cc bottles…

Where you bought it from?

I don't want to name names as I'm sure this wasn't intentional. They are a reputable company that I've bought from a few times before. No doubt it will get sorted out tomorrow. It just had me thinking I was in the twilight zone. What are the odds lol? I wonder if it's just my rifle or a whole batch that were miss-configured?

I don't want to name names as I'm sure this wasn't intentional. They are a reputable company that I've bought from a few times before. No doubt it will get sorted out tomorrow. It just had me thinking I was in the twilight zone. What are the odds lol? I wonder if it's just my rifle or a whole batch that were miss-configured?
Very classy on your part…🙏

Aside from the bottle issue. How’s it shoot? I’ve been considering one for awhile. I’m due to buy my next. So many options it’s tough to decide sometimes.

Aside from the bottle issue. How’s it shoot? I’ve been considering one for awhile. I’m due to buy my next. So many options it’s tough to decide sometimes.

I'm still getting used to it. I've shot a few dime sized groups at 56 yards, but I also shot some 1.5-2" groups at the same distance... all with the FX/JSB 15.9g pellets. Gonna try some 25g FX/JSB's and the venerable CPHP's.

I haven't adjusted the trigger at all, but it doesn't feel like anything special right now. It's also rather loud, shooting from my barn. A LDC helped a ton!

It seems like a very good deal at the current $1299 price point, if you want a high shot count bottle gun. I saw a laminate stock version for $1579 which also seemed like a good deal.

Well, my lucky streak just keeps going. Now I'm getting a "loose stuff "sound, originating from under the cocking lever. It sounds like a bunch of washers or discs sliding around inside a tube for a couple of mm. Happens when I point the rifle at the ground and then turn it upwards to face the sky (and vice versa).

[edit] It only makes the noise when the rifle is de-cocked, so maybe something in the cocking mechanism sliding around? I guessing this isn't normal, I haven't noticed any other pcp's making a noise like that.

Last edited:
Well, my lucky streak just keeps going. Now I'm getting a "loose stuff "sound, originating from under the cocking lever. It sounds like a bunch of washers or discs sliding around inside a tube for a couple of inches. Happens when I point the rifle at the ground and then turn it upwards to face the sky (and vice versa). Broken reg?
Slingshot hammer…