New Slug press in market

Sorry to say, a lot of these guys need to come correct. This Whatsapp and Instagram stuff just doesn't cut it. Get a REAL location and REAL service. What's the point in getting a physical address that has nothing to do with manufacturing or service? Props to Corbin, they been around for years. Yea their stuff may take a while to get, but at least they are legit.

Reactions: Ta-Ta Toothie
Sorry to say, a lot of these guys need to come correct. This Whatsapp and Instagram stuff just doesn't cut it. Get a REAL location and REAL service. What's the point in getting a physical address that has nothing to do with manufacturing or service? Props to Corbin, they been around for years. Yea their stuff may take a while to get, but at least they are legit.
Gotta start somewhere, Harley-Davidson started in a garage and they've now been around for over 100 years...kinda fizzling out now but they had a good run

I gotta say I've been watching the Precision Slug Press and kinda impressed. They have a cool die for more aerodynamic slugs as well as what you'd expect in regular slugs.
View attachment 486793

I’m not sure why there is a picture of the atp’s in the post. The slugs produced by swaging will typically have a rebated boat tail due to the nature of swaging. The ones in the actual video have a rebate.

Not really an issue, just wondering why the picture of the atp’s.

Dave

Yeah, but if they end up like Thor, how will you get replacements down the road.
find a local guy to copy the die design I guess. I actually found a local guy in a big shop that says he can do it for my ThorPress and copy their die. 1st one would be pricey because he'd have to copy the design on the Thor Press die then downsize it to the size I need, .3055, but any others wouldn't be so much.

find a local guy to copy the die design I guess. I actually found a local guy in a big shop that says he can do it for my ThorPress and copy their die. 1st one would be pricey because he'd have to copy the design on the Thor Press die then downsize it to the size I need, .3055, but any others wouldn't be so much.
Still risky. Your in a pinch so I get it. I'm staying clear of these China presses.

Reactions: ZekeZX10
Still risky. Your in a pinch so I get it. I'm staying clear of these China presses.
I'm probably gonna go with GMI and their Freedom Press. They have a pretty good rep already and are US based. Not too much of a hurry but I do want another press when I get a 22 cal. Tried out another weight and shooting awesome...52gr and under 1" at 100 yards

1000005341.png