New Slug press in market

This video of comparing presses is mine
i have there types of press
the first one is NS press you can find it in youtube the second one is Thor mold and the last is precision mold press

the NS press can give you really good results but without consistent
the Thor mold not worth the lead that you will test it, however the holder is very weak the Handel facing you so not easy to operate also the accuracy is bad for 30-40meter range i try it for two month the i stop I used it as a stone to hold the door of my garag.

the precision i use it know for all my calibers size giving good consistency results for longe range

The idea of having press to design slug without hollo point to use it in hunting to reduce damage , as well as like to shoot long range.

I don't want to violate the rules of this forum by making illegal propaganda, but I participated in it for my opinion of many of my pictures in this forum.

I’m not sure why there is a picture of the atp’s in the post. The slugs produced by swaging will typically have a rebated boat tail due to the nature of swaging. The ones in the actual video have a rebate.

Not really an issue, just wondering why the picture of the atp’s.

Dave
The atp’s i use it to bu fishing rods 😂
i was trying to remove small mark of the non hollow point design that it and it’s not good
just use it directly from the press without lubrications as well

here is results shooting this 34gn 5.51mm in 50 meters

IMG_7643.jpeg

i was trying to remove small mark of the non hollow point design that it and it’s not good

View attachment 499594
What pcp are you shooting with these slugs?

View attachment 499594
Thank you for the explanation. It appears your slugs are performing well. (y)

Dave

2 problems with the Thor Press. 1st, die is .21865 and punches are all @ .2177, so this leads to trimming every stinking base due to the heavy flashing. 2nd is the slop in the linkage but i had corrected that with custom linear shafts from MISUMI, so now there is zero play and they can be adjusted. It's a shame cause they do shoot very well, but I'm done trimming the bases then resizing. Corbin press is on the way.

1000005309.jpg

Pardon me if this sounds dumb. I have a row of nice presses now and a good drill press. Seems like my trusty rockchucker would be all the leverage needed. Am I missing something? why not just dies? Between the rockchucker, the Dillon, and the MEC I have no more bench space for another press, dies are easy, presses...not so much.
@Ta-Ta Toothie , I just got free, The commercial rollout of our GMI Freedom 2 press is complete, Next project is exactly what you've mentioned here. A conversion Kit for RCBS press. Fellow AGN members are part of this program, hopefully I shall get the parts for testing soon. We are going to make it an open source project so anyone can make it, GMI die sets will work on these.

@Ta-Ta Toothie , I just got free, The commercial rollout of our GMI Freedom 2 press is complete, Next project is exactly what you've mentioned here. A conversion Kit for RCBS press. Fellow AGN members are part of this program, hopefully I shall get the parts for testing soon. We are going to make it an open source project so anyone can make it, GMI die sets will work on these.
That is great! I think we could have success with dies like that. A lot of the folks here have their feet in both worlds. One of the main reasons I got in to PCP was crazy powder prices, and unavailable primers. Very cool, I shall follow along.

2 problems with the Thor Press. 1st, die is .21865 and punches are all @ .2177, so this leads to trimming every stinking base due to the heavy flashing. 2nd is the slop in the linkage but i had corrected that with custom linear shafts from MISUMI, so now there is zero play and they can be adjusted. It's a shame cause they do shoot very well, but I'm done trimming the bases then resizing. Corbin press is on the way.

View attachment 499651
Looking forward to your review of the corbin press

Reactions: Ta-Ta Toothie