Taipan New Taipan Veteran 2 & GX CS-3I

The Veteran arrived today from Utah Airguns. The compressor arrived yesterday. I'm not new to PCPs but it has been a handful of years since I last used one.
I read directions on both units.

The "stop" filling needle is pretty course on the compressor. The needle on the Taipan is quite thin. I set the compressor stop on what I believe to read 250 bar. When the stop is reached the Taipan is just a smidge over 200 bar. Which one do I believe? I read some posts here on the forum, one fellow said don't believe either one.

I"m thinking I would go by the gun gauge and when it says 250-260 bar stop?

Should I be thinking about replacing either or both gauges for something better/accurate? If so, what?

Thanks

I have a gx3 compressor to. It’s an awesome compressor but the original gauge it came with was off like 300psi. I emailed GX and they sent me another one. Second one is off like 50psi(no biggie). Taipans are built so well and shoot amazing. My old Taipan mutant will literately shoot single hole at 50 yards on a good day

Also did Utah check it at all? I’ve never ordered a gun from them. Maybe call them and see what they say.

Last edited:
I took a picture of both he GXCS3-I (red background) and the Taipan Veteran 2 Standard gauges.

You can see I set the Compressor gauge "stop" needle just a bit beyond 300 BAR. When finished filling the rifle reads about 220 BAR.

I'll probably call UtahAirguns on Monday. I don't want to just watch the gun gauge until it gets to 250 if that means ignoring the compressor gauge as it moves towards 350 BAR?

By the way, in order to get clear Macro pictures I set the iPhone 15 on 2x. Remarkably better than 1X!

GS CS3-I.jpg

Taipan Gauge.jpg

Reactions: RobBonnell89
I took a picture of both he GXCS3-I (red background) and the Taipan Veteran 2 Standard gauges.

You can see I set the Compressor gauge "stop" needle just a bit beyond 300 BAR. When finished filling the rifle reads about 220 BAR.

I'll probably call UtahAirguns on Monday. I don't want to just watch the gun gauge until it gets to 250 if that means ignoring the compressor gauge as it moves towards 350 BAR?

By the way, in order to get clear Macro pictures I set the iPhone 15 on 2x. Remarkably better than 1X!

View attachment 494597

View attachment 494598
If I had to guess I’d say the gun is correct. I’d side with caution until you know for sure though.
You ever do a dead head test on your compressor? It won’t tell you if your gauge is correct but it gives you a baseline of how fast your compressor fills. Set your gauge to 4000 psi and time how many seconds it takes to shut off. I write mine on my compressor. I’m going to walk out in my garage and check. I think mine takes 24 seconds. Since I have the same compressor. If yours shuts off at day like 20 seconds or less. That would make me “think” your compressor gauge is off. Since it would be technically shutting off before it hits 4000. Hope that makes sense. Hard to explain writing.
Rob

Edit: Disreguard test. I’m and idiot to and can’t read bar vs psi 🤣

Well folks.
As I looked at the close up photos I realized (duh) I was reading the compressor gauge wrong! Bot of these gauges are actually 220 BAR.

Problem solved.

Feeling like a dope!
Haha I didn’t catch it either. I get bar and psi mixed up. I even went and looked at my compressor and didn’t notice. Have fun you got a great gun