Airforce New Talon SS Classic Bottle question

So I bought an airforce talon ss blem directly from airforce on sale for a good price. I have a condor and texan so I'm familiar with the platform. The only thing throwing me for a loop is it says it's a classic series. It says traditional trigger guard and grip but mentions nothing else. The pictures show it without a gauge and make no mention of the spin loc tank. Anyone know the scoop? Thanks

AF has not returned my call from yesterday. I was disappointed when I got their VM, because every other time I called I got a person.

No rattle. Shot some more strings the other day at varying power settings (2-10) and fill pressures (2700-3000). FPS drops ~80 fps in 15 shots. There is no curve, just a downhill slope.

When I talked to AF I told them what pellet weights I was shooting and they said they were a good weight. I did try some 10 gr. pellets originally, but that was the tank that was dumping half the air in one shot. Haven't tried the lighter pellets since.
I think the higher pressure you are starting with may be your issue. Most TalonSS rifles seem to have the best shot string between 2500-1700psi. I get about 60 shots in this range at around 740fps using 14.3 gr. .22 caliber pellets.

I think the higher pressure you are starting with may be your issue. Most TalonSS rifles seem to have the best shot string between 2500-1700psi. I get about 60 shots in this range at around 740fps using 14.3 gr. .22 caliber pellets.
740 fps is pretty slow for hunting. My experience is that, with an unregulated gun, if the starting pressure is too high the first couple of shots will be lower velocity. Thats how you know you started too high.

Thank you for relating your experience with a .177.

I too bought a Talon SS blem, in the last two weeks, and it came with a spin loc tank w/ gauge and the one piece top hat.
If any of you have a Talon SS in .177, I'd be interested to hear the performance with 13 & 16 gr. pellets and at what power setting. Also, is there suppose to be a puff air coming from the opening on the left side where the power numbers are?
If air is coming out at the power wheel it is coming around the O ring on the barrel bushing that is next to the power wheel or the O ring on the barrel end of the breach. Talon Tunes has 90D O rings for the breach.

Reactions: huntr