Air Arms new to me, Air Arms Pro Target

That is a BR50 paper A LOT better then what i have tried lately ( dont really shoot these much )
I think i have a mental block CUZ i can warm up shooting on the back stop and have each shot be within .177 of where i aim my .177 rifle, but then changing to the BR50 paper and i have shots in the black ring and even outside the damn thing / almost into another target #

And i can not blame wind, however much i like to do that, got to keep self denial at least at bay.

I like when that happen, i generally also only accept round 1 hole groups, as soon as it become ragged the joy go off.

When i do that though it is just 2 shots, and most often i detect it by after the shot going,,,,,, "okay either i am totally off the paper or i just put it in the same hole"
Happen long range too, though as i am shooting shoot N see 2" targets, and with just a 30 - 40 X scope, well with .177 you cant really say for damn sure it is exactly in the same hole, but it very much look that way from a far.

Also at long distance i shoot at targets on a metal roofing plate, so at least when the metal plate if fresh there is a impact sound, but some times there are 0 impact sound or just a small " tick " as the slug nick the edge of the hole made by a previous slug.
Thats nice too, i call those shots " Ninjas " as there are no impact sound, not even from the berm as i can not hear that 90 - 130 yards away.

Hi Guys,

I just purchased this from AOA a couple weeks back and looking forward to putting it thru its paces.

It is currently in being resealed and tuned as needed.
It probably belonged to a member on here as this is a small world.
It is an old rifle being a mk 3 which dates it late 90's thru early 00.
It has been modified with an AZ shroud.

I will mostly do some plinking and some bench rest shooting, maybe FT some day when I am feeling courageous.

Here are some pics, along with my RAW HM1000X ,22 with a BM stock l did the finishing on, and my HM1000X LRTView attachment 375840View attachment 375841View attachment 375842View attachment 375843View attachment 375844RT

Looking forward to getting back in practice.
View attachment 375839
very slick looking rifle , waiting to hear results
Stan in KY .

Hey Peashooter,
Yeah it is challenging when shooting groups to decide if you should shoot or continue.
I have shot 4 or 5 shot groups that did not grown in size with my Crown and you ask yourself should I stop now.
Usually the answer is yes, because invariably you will mess up a perfect group on the fifth or sixth shot. LOL

Once small correction, this is actually a 25 meter target, the 25 meter and 50 yard targets are almost identical except the size of the 10 ring if memory serves me correct. I shoot at local matches in 25 meter when I have time.

I bought 2 cases of targets years ago when Orion said they were going to stop supporting matches and I still have most of it still left.
It will probably last me another decade even though I shoot regularly. Which is good because they cost me less at that time than what the paper cost.

Last edited:
Thanks Beerthief,

It is a nice part of my collection.
Honestly I was bracing myself for it to not perform at the level of my other guns.
I knew 26 years ago it was the flagship of Air Arms guns just as the decendents were in their time (EV2, FTP900)
They are direct descendants of this design.

But my other Air Arms I have owned were outshined by my RAWs and my RAWs were surpased by my Crown.
So this one shooting at my Crowns level or even close has me very happy.

I will keep you guys up to speed as I shoot it more and see if I can get better with the wind judgement with it.
It is was more sensitive than my other guns to wind just do to the lower power. So the dropped shots are on me.

I am using a bald Eagle front rest with a Saber Tactical adjustable rear monopod the new universal one.
Huh, I've got a Bald Eagle with a shade tree joystick top. I'm impressed you do so well with it! Always felt there might be something better.

I hated my mk1 benchrest Saber Tactical monopod! Felt ripped of for what I paid for it. Sloppy, wobbly junk in my opinion...

So got to shoot a little tonight.
I have room for a 22 yard range in the backyard.
Which is great therapy,
come home grab a cold beverage and sit behind the scope and the stress from the day is gone.
This is the thing I love most about airguns, no loading up my equipment and heading to a range (except for competitions)

So I got my FX pocket chrono out and did a little testing and shoot my first card with this gun.
I will say I am pleased.
With 8.7 JTS, she is shooting right at 806 fps average for a 12.6 ft lb level.
A half turn of the hammer and she is under 12.

So how did she do??
Fantastic!
using plugging for 22 cal. it worked out to a 248 9X out of 250 possible.
View attachment 488310

This is with 8mph winds gusting like last night.

Chrono results also very encouraging ES of 9 fps, and SD of 2.8.

View attachment 488311

View attachment 488312

Also shot about 75 shots tonight overall (not all were done on the chrono) and air dropped from 200 bar down to 150.
So should be in the 120-130 shot count range for a fill.

Now need to get some practice and improve on this card.
The gun can do 250 cards, I am sure of that, I just need to readjust from shooting my Crown at 33 ft lbs. to shooting this at 38% of the energy.
The wind can definitely move these pellets around more.
Gorgeous AAPT and wonderful card! Like you, I enjoy shooting in my back yard with AG's, so relaxing and fun, therapeutic for sure! Enjoy shooting that beauty!

Huh, I've got a Bald Eagle with a shade tree joystick top. I'm impressed you do so well with it! Always felt there might be something better.

I hated my mk1 benchrest Saber Tactical monopod! Felt ripped of for what I paid for it. Sloppy, wobbly junk in my opinion...
Yeah I did not like the benchrest one as much, I got to where I could shoot pretty good off of it, but relied on the front rest for keeping the movement in check.
the universal is much better in my opinion. It has rails for elevation and windage that are On a ball bearing transport.

All the wobble from the benchrest model is gone.

apparently my phone is logged into my old member status.
Anyways, BSJ I was going to add that yes I always have felt there is better for front rest.
I looked hard at a Randolf front rest for a long time and many shooters at the local matches used to use SEB and other joysticks.
Funny part is they all now seam to be returning to a traditional front rest or bipod.
Still want a Randolf someday, but I do most of my adjustment off of the monopod now so the front rest is usually stationary.

Reactions: BSJ