New to me - MAC1 LD pistol

I picked this up in trade at the Midwest airgun show yesterday. I had one years ago, and let it go. I've been wanting one again for awhile and finally came across this one. I forgot how marvelous they are! It's running just shy of 10 ft. lbs. with 13.43 gr. JSB Jumbo RS pellets. Still;ll working on the accuracy department. The scope and rings aren't working out too well for me. I'm shooting about 10" high at 10 yards, even after placing a shim under the scope in the front ring. Anyone have recommendations for scope/ring combo for a "taco" hold?
tempImageAN5Ica.jpg

Nope, a rifle scope is what’s needed. The pistol is then shot using the “Taco” hold.
Not arguing how to shoot, but personally prefer a red dot or pistol scope on my pistols and shoot them like a pistol. If you're gonna 'taco' it I'd rather have a carbine.

Nice looking LD. Mine is a .20 and it's super accurate. I can pull a 1" group offhand at 12 yards when I'm having a good day.

You say you are shooting high. That means your scope is looking low and the barrel is looking high. I’m pretty sure moving the scope up in front is correct. Did you see any improvement after shimming the front?

Dave
I was right to shim the front, no improvement though. Still shooting high. I may add another shim.

Reactions: sb327
i have a bad habit of downloading picture and enlarging them, now in this case the rear ring seems to be much higher on the dovetail then the front one
and i don't think shimming the front ring is going to correct the 10 inches
put the front on the rear and retest or find some new rings
I think that's the pic angle, but I'll give it try tonight.

I picked this up in trade at the Midwest airgun show yesterday. I had one years ago, and let it go. I've been wanting one again for awhile and finally came across this one. I forgot how marvelous they are! It's running just shy of 10 ft. lbs. with 13.43 gr. JSB Jumbo RS pellets. Still;ll working on the accuracy department. The scope and rings aren't working out too well for me. I'm shooting about 10" high at 10 yards, even after placing a shim under the scope in the front ring. Anyone have recommendations for scope/ring combo for a "taco" hold?
View attachment 367624
Great pistol, you showed it to me when I stopped at your table.

Reactions: baranjhn
I chance to work with the LD today. I changed the scope mount out and scope (Bushnel Sportsman 3-9x32). I optically centered the scope and at 15 yards, I was 5.5" high. I placed a shim that I cut out of a pellet tin under the scope at the front ring. That brought it a little under an inch high. I mad some scope adjustments and then took it out to 25 yards (see target pics). It was a bit windy and the pellets aren't weighed or inspected, just shot right from the tin. I also had few shots where I only cocked into the low power setting by mistake, and had some low shots. I got about 25 full power shots, just under 10 ft. lbs and if I was a hunter, I wouldn't hesitate to use this on a squirrel out to 35 yards.
tempImage1l7QPZ.jpg
tempImagepWMZLl.jpg
tempImageBwD4jR.jpg
tempImagePc2stf.jpg