New to the group and airguns/first purchase.

This will be my first quality airgun. I have a Karma Red Panda benchrest on pre-order! Patiently waitng for delivery! I also purchased a a Accu-Tac FC-5 G2 bipod, Accu-tac P Ski feet, 9L carbon fiber refill tank, Donnyfl Emperor moderator, Saber Tactical thumb rest grip, JSB .30 50.15gr, JSB .30 44.75gr, AEA .30 50.5 grip pellets. I have a Vortex Pst Viper 4-16x50 scope for it. I am going to fabricate my own portable shooting bench. So what am I missing beside going out and having fun shooting!!!

PatchWorm and Ballistol. Steve, of AEAC, has a great "how-to" PatchWorm video. Chronograph and range finder are helpful, don't need to be expensive, paid around $60 each for mine. Heavyweight silicone oil (like used for exercise treadmills) is also great for "O" ring lube. Wooden dowel for gently tapping jammed pellets back towards breech (won't damage muzzle crown.) Maybe in future consider trying ZAN's BR100 56 grain .30 pellets. Decent set of metric Allen wrenches also a plus. WM

You don't have enough scope for a hundred yards shooting at tinny dots. Go to Pyramyd Air and look at the Athlon Argos BTR scopes. They are on sale and they are very good scopes. I have three of the 6-24s and one 8-34. Go to You Tube and look at the reviews. Start with the one by Cyclopes. I have a Athlon ETR on my RAW LRT and a Falcon 10-50 on my Red Wolf that I can recommend. The 8-34 Argos is on my RTI Prophet lr. Get a scope mounted level. That bipod is worth every penny. That gun is going to use a lot of air. Don't waste your money on cheep compressor. If you can afford a $3,000.00 gun you can afford a $3,00.00 compressor.

Doesn't appear budget constraints are a concern for you but imho there's NOTHING wrong with the less expensive compressors to start off with (Yong Heng, CX4, etc.). You'll learn your way around air fill equipment & if they only last a couple years You'll still save money in the long run. I got 3.5 years from my 1st Yong Heng & it wasn't as robust as my new one. Get extended warranty too! I got a FULL REFUND after 3.5 years. Good luck & welcome aboard!

Last edited:
For now a local shop to fill it. In the near future hope to buy a compressor.
Make sure the 9L tank is dot certified or no place to fill it will touch it. That's where having your own compressor comes in handy. I personally would much rather buy a compressor before a tank.

Reactions: Bandito
Welcome to the group. Here I was thinking this was a typical thread of "Recommend me an airgun under $300 that can do 1 MOA or better at 100 yards". Looks like you jumped in head first. There's a lot of good recommendations on what else to get that was mentioned. Another suggestion is to look up the parts diagram/schematics and order extra o-rings. With PCPs', they eventually all leak sooner or later.

This will be my first quality airgun. I have a Karma Red Panda benchrest on pre-order! Patiently waitng for delivery! I also purchased a a Accu-Tac FC-5 G2 bipod, Accu-tac P Ski feet, 9L carbon fiber refill tank, Donnyfl Emperor moderator, Saber Tactical thumb rest grip, JSB .30 50.15gr, JSB .30 44.75gr, AEA .30 50.5 grip pellets. I have a Vortex Pst Viper 4-16x50 scope for it. I am going to fabricate my own portable shooting bench. So what am I missing beside going out and having fun shooting!!!
Air source

Almost ready to hit the range!!!!! Oh..... I guess I should wait for my Red Panda to get here. So far the bipod, ski feet and scope!

20240924_164924.jpg