FX Newbie Help with FX Hunter

So I just received a hunter compact that I plan to mount my arken zulus on and am wondering if anyone has a starting point.
I'm completely new to airguns and dint have a chrono yes but would like to get out and zero for 50 yards.
Is there ballistic numbers for .22 15.9gr pellets so I can use range finder?
Any zulus setting I should start at?

I need lots of help with fx as its my first.
Do I just start at stock settings with 15.9gr pellets?
How high do I fill tank?
Anything I'm missing please fill free as I'm trying to rush this and take advantage of a free morning off of work cause of 4th.
Happy independence day my friends and thank you for any help

Pics if it works

20240703_172943.jpg

You can zero the Zulus but you need to know the distance. If you plan on using a ballistic calculator(tells you how many clicks you need or gives a holdover/holdunder point) you will need the fps and ballistic coefficient of whatever your using as a projectile.
Which Arken Zulus did you purchase?
I got the expensive one with calculator and range finder. It was a gift from wife and why I got a pcp. Lol not sure where to get info for pellets as I set it up on my ar15 original but would like to use on FX for day or night pests. I take it I'll need to get a chrono to dial this in, I was hoping for out of box stats to get me close.

your going to need a compressor and a carbon fiber tank (the bigger the better) 80 cubic foot or so to fill the gun ETC . Where did you buy the gun from? See if there's an air gun club near you for help. Paint ball equipment is very similar.
Online purchase from Utah air, with a Hatsan compressor.
No club close to me as I work 6+ days a week and nothing ever happens when I do have time. Hints my post for guidance

Reactions: coastal drifter
I got the expensive one with calculator and range finder. It was a gift from wife and why I got a pcp. Lol not sure where to get info for pellets as I set it up on my ar15 original but would like to use on FX for day or night pests. I take it I'll need to get a chrono to dial this in, I was hoping for out of box stats to get me close.
Each rifle is different and each has different settings and is why the projectiles are not referenced on the box/tin like traditional ammo. The nice thing about PCP’s is you can adjust your regulator pressure to have your pellet/slug travel at a speed that you want and also gives you the best group(s).
The Zulus you have has the built in laser range finder so even without the fps you can still range. You will need to download the Arken apps if you are wanting to utilize the ballistic calculator.

Reactions: MTJunky
Each rifle is different and each has different settings and is why the projectiles are not referenced on the box/tin like traditional ammo. The nice thing about PCP’s is you can adjust your regulator pressure to have your pellet/slug travel at a speed that you want and also gives you the best group(s).
The Zulus you have has the built in laser range finder so even without the fps you can still range. You will need to download the Arken apps if you are wanting to utilize the ballistic calculator.
Correct, I've input most data that I can find but with no chrono I'm just guessing on velocity. I'll just sight in and the out of box settings and go from there.

Anyone have a rough guess on how fps I will be? 500-600 maybe??

Correct, I've input most data that I can find but with no chrono I'm just guessing on velocity. I'll just sight in and the out of box settings and go from there.

Anyone have a rough guess on how fps I will be? 500-600 maybe??
probably closer to 900fps and the 18gr jsb is a excellent pellet. Just shoot it for a couple tins and let everything settle in. should be accurate right out of the box. 1/2 inch at 50 yards with 0 wind is typical for FX.

So I just received a hunter compact that I plan to mount my arken zulus on and am wondering if anyone has a starting point.
I'm completely new to airguns and dint have a chrono yes but would like to get out and zero for 50 yards.
Is there ballistic numbers for .22 15.9gr pellets so I can use range finder?
Any zulus setting I should start at?

I need lots of help with fx as its my first.
Do I just start at stock settings with 15.9gr pellets?
How high do I fill tank?
Anything I'm missing please fill free as I'm trying to rush this and take advantage of a free morning off of work cause of 4th.
Happy independence day my friends and thank you for any help
First off read the manual (download it if you don't have one) It will tell you all you need to know . very complex gun .

Reactions: Impact701