Newbie PCP questions (Diana Bandit)

Hello,

I have a multi-pump Crosman 2100. And I do not like pumping it everytime I shoot.

Using this cheapo setup, how long would hand-pumping usually take?
- Diana Bandit .177 + $50 Pump from Amazon

Also, I am shooting in a city backyard in limited space. Is it possible to "turn down" the power of the gun so it shoots something like 400-500 fps rather than at max? but also be able to "turn up" the power to shoot in the woods when I go out.

If anyone has a similar one for sale, please let me know. Thanks!
No C02

Real coincidence.. I have a Bandit on order from Arizona Airguns. Don't know the "real" answer to your question but FWIW, I have a Maurauder 22 with a 215 cc air reservoir. It takes between 50-60 pumps with the hand pump to bring it from about 1,700 PSI up to 3,000 PSI. The Bandit has a 50cc reservoir. Assuming the same starting pressure and hand pump it would be (50/215) x 55 (avg) strokes = (approx) 12-13 strokes.

If this is your only PCP (and it won't be...;)) pumping should be a piece of cake. I hate it myself...

I'll defer to others more knowledgeable about adjusting the power output, I don't know. If it is adjustable down you will get more shots per fill also.

The Bandit comes stock with a shot string that looks like a tire going flat. It starts at an impressive sales advertisement speed and steadily plummets. You can’t and never will be able to turn these guns up or down, they are as basic as it gets. But what you can do if you have the skills is get the gun to level out at realistic speeds for a pistol barrel. That requires less hammer spring and possibly a smaller transfer port. I built a smaller port for a guy over on GTA and he was thrilled with the results. Another thing that will help is if you keep all your shooting close, real close. Issues are less obvious when you don’t stretch things out. If you have trouble chambering pellets or fliers, you’ll have to pull the barrel and clean up the leade. These guns are notorious for things being rough in there and damaging pellets. Good luck and do some searching, plenty of guys have tried to fix those things and wrote about it.

The fill port on these guns is deceiving the holes look 180 degrees apart but aren’t,when you turn dust cover when not lined up you can insert probe gun will take air but usually pops out around 1800 psi ,make sure probe goes all the way thru and pokes out of hole closer to barrel it’s only a tiny bit. When these first came out everyone blamed the probe and o rings as junk but if you keep turning dust cover in one direction when opening and closing the holes will not line up properly, I couldn’t figure out why every other time I filled gun hose would pop, then looking closer I saw only one way to fill gun