HW/Weihrauch Next step up from HW50

I had a 50 in .22 for a few months ,it was accurate but a bit harder to cock than an HW30 and less power than my 97 .To me the HW50 is too middle of the road between the two.But if it was your only springer I'd say it fills the niche perfectly.
I prefer heavier guns as I'm an offhand shooter and hunter ,heavy means steady.When I can't carry an 8-9# rifle for a few hours I'll take up golf.

Reactions: Bandito
I would choose a UK spec HW95 over the HW50 in .177. Basically the same power level, but the longer barrel will be easier to cock. The short barrel HW50 may be slightly more manuverable in the field if you stalk squirrels or iguanas in the woods, I do not. I would like to get a full power HW95 in .20 to try sometime, may be a good balance of power and trajectory.

OK guys. More instruction must be needed here. There is no dreaded disease involved here. It is simple mathematics. N + 1 = the new number of airguns, where N is the current number of airguns owned. The results are obvious; you must eat Ramen noodles for the remainder of the month! Be Well My Brothers, Bandito.

I would choose a UK spec HW95 over the HW50 in .177. Basically the same power level, but the longer barrel will be easier to cock. The short barrel HW50 may be slightly more manuverable in the field if you stalk squirrels or iguanas in the woods, I do not. I would like to get a full power HW95 in .20 to try sometime, may be a good balance of power and trajectory.
Some food for thought if you're considering it. I never ran the numbers through Chairgun, but might give you at least a ballpark idea on trajectory .
Chrony numbers from my still factory stock Beeman R9 .20:
H&N FTT 11.42: 753 10 shot avg, FPE 14.38, ES 9, SD 2
H&N Baracuda 13.58: 683 10 shot average, 14.07 FPE, ES 11, SD 4
JSB Exact 13.73: 682fps 10 shot avg, 14.18 FPE, ES 13, SD 4
JSB Heavy 15.89: 631 10 shot average, 14.05 FPE, ES 15, SD 4

I had a 50 in .22 for a few months ,it was accurate but a bit harder to cock than an HW30 and less power than my 97 .To me the HW50 is too middle of the road between the two.But if it was your only springer I'd say it fills the niche perfectly.
I prefer heavier guns as I'm an offhand shooter and hunter ,heavy means steady.When I can't carry an 8-9# rifle for a few hours I'll take up golf.
I agree the 50 is harder to cock than the 30, just about every springer is harder to cock. The 30 is butter. But I added a Weihrauch suppressor to the 50 and it made it a lot easier to cock. I don’t know about the sound but the leverage was super and only $110., a deal. I just bought the 95 N pro field coming tomorrow. I bought it for many reasons but cocking effor, weight and length were 3 primary requirements. And I can unscrew the OEM weight and screw on an OB160 and not only will it add some leverage it significantly silences the bark. I’ll let you know if it’s true.

I agree the 50 is harder to cock than the 30, just about every springer is harder to cock. The 30 is butter. But I added a Weihrauch suppressor to the 50 and it made it a lot easier to cock. I don’t know about the sound but the leverage was super and only $110., a deal. I just bought the 95 N pro field coming tomorrow. I bought it for many reasons but cocking effor, weight and length were 3 primary requirements. And I can unscrew the OEM weight and screw on an OB160 and not only will it add some leverage it significantly silences the bark. I’ll let you know if it’s true.
I added the HW moderators to my 30 and 50.They look good and "might" quiet them a little bit.The big advantage as you mentioned is a pickle on the end if the barrel to help cocking them.

Reactions: Bandito and wgd

I own both just add the Weihrauch suppressors, yes both work and significantly reduce cocking effort.

I have an HW 95L with H&N .177 field trophy pellets. I was playing around at about 20-30 yards to start on different days. I was sitting down since I'm disabled and I was hitting pretty much where I aimed it.
A question how often do you have to tighten up the rear sight? Same goes for the rest of the screws. After just 2 sessions The 95 is a great rifle.

OK guys. More instruction must be needed here. There is no dreaded disease involved here. It is simple mathematics. N + 1 = the new number of airguns, where N is the current number of airguns owned. The results are obvious; you must eat Ramen noodles for the remainder of the month! Be Well My Brothers, Bandito.
I like your wisdom.

Reading between the lines, you tweaked my decision with your exceptional lawyer/politician response. Skills honed to not diss anyone or any thing in the slightest. So I spent twice the money and went all in on a new HW95N Walnut Field Pro. What pushed me over the edge was the ability to screw on a 1/2 UNF accessory only on the Field Pro, that's huge. I require as much peace and quiet as possible. Thanks again.
Love mine. Have only had it a month. I do prefer the older gold trigger vs the new silver. But that’s easy to look past.

IMG_1916.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi Friends,

The HW lineup is a bit confusing to me. Is the next step up from the HW50 as far as size and power go the HW95?

If so what's your thoughts on the 95? Is it worth owning If I already have a 30, and 50? What caliber would you choose in the 95?

As others have mentioned, depends upon your intentions. If it's likely that you need occasional pest control, the HW95 in .22 cal would be a wise choice. It's got the horsepower you would want.....plus it's just pretty darn fun with paper targets in between. They're great shooters.